I've just started making sales with BeFree and am curious how to read the reports. I've figured out that O means the order hasn't shipped and S means it was commissioned. It's a little unclear what the total commissions earned is because I can't seem to find a report that tallies up all the shipped items. I'm also curious how long an item will stay in the O status. I have some orders that were initiated on October 7th for SmartBargains, but they still haven't shipped. What happens if they never ship? I've never seen orders posted that never got shipped, commissioned or at least reversed. Is this normal?

Also, why doesn't the number of shipped and ordered items on the Transaction Summary report match the number in the Transaction Detail report. It looks like the Summary is only listing the number of shipped items in the ordered column and shipped column. For example I have 16 ordered items (9 ordered, 7 shipped) but the Summary says 9 items ordered and 9 items shipped. Is this a bug?

Thank you!
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I've never been able to understand BFs reporting, which I think is the worst out of all the networks! Nothing ever tallies and very often transactions don't even show up in the daily sales report, yet invariably commissions show up unexpectedly even though you didn't even know you made a sale until well after the fact. I've given up trying to make sense of it. Another bad thing about BF is the length of time the merchants (or BF) take to pay commissions. I'm still waiting on commissions from September and October for a few. Hell they could be robbing me blind and I wouldn't even know it.

S is shipped. That's when you earn the commissions.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'm starting to make some sense of this. It seems the same transaction will appear twice. Once for the initial order and again when it's shipped. I thought it would just change it's flag.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread