View Poll Results: Nov 7 - did it ever happen?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am confident that the "Networks" and the "Technology Providers" are working hard to resolve the conflicts resulting from the application of new technologies, giving great consideration to the interests of affiliates

2 4.55%
  • I feel it is too early for any results, one has to be patient, such things do not resolve "overnight"

3 6.82%
  • I am getting anxious and impatient, we should have heard at least "Something" from "Somebody"

6 13.64%
  • November 7 was mainly "Good Public Relations" and delay tactics. time now to get serious and petition the Authorities, the Press, Justice, Politicians - and really get done with it

33 75.00%
    November 7 - did it ever happen, or was it a mere mirage?

one month after the "Great Event" precious little has been forthcoming from the participants - "Networks" and "Technology Providers" (!), on what they are actually thinking and/or planning to do.

apparently "silence is Gold" for many of the participants.

but sometimes I get confused - was everything merely in my/our imagination or did it actually happen? may be you can help me clarify this matter by voicing your opinion and voting here?

heisje,

Great post and timing! I voted!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I remember the silence here for the first 2 weeks like the calm before the storm. Notice how wayne hasn't stopped by nor has Shawn Collins and even that FatWallet guy.

WebMaster Mike

"Vision without Action is a daydream .. Action without vision can be a nightmare"
    Combine the two and you have the makings of a profitable reality!

ABW Ambassador
    As I've said over and over, the concept that these people could get together and agree on a standard was a pure farst. Their silence on results from progress and the silence on the last diversions from Ebate ring loud and clear.

We have to get organized for legal actions and take other steps to deal with them effectively.

ABW Ambassador
    Not to make light of your comment, Mike, but "that FatWallet guy" has had a little more pressing issue to deal with over the past 10 days or so. See http://news.com.com/2100-1023-976296.html?tag=fd_top Not very often that the little guy can successfully go up against Wal-Mart. Kudos to Tim!

Maybe we should consider contacting his lawyers.

ABW Ambassador
    Mike,
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Shawn and wayne have been around...

Tim is off making a big public case out of this DMCA nonsense in order to drum up some more press and promote FW some more (not that I don't support him in the fight!)

It is interesting that it still feels like everything is "hush hush" about that meeting, even though the minutes, etc were posted, not much was really said by some of the key participants.

...Meanwhile, eBates is still featured on CJ's front page, and they're making a fortune off of our efforts. The Holiday shopping season is here, and we're losing money with every click!

It's disgusting!

Andy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    WebMaster Mike -

I've been around here daily. Unfortunately, I have not been privy to the solution provider's closed door discussions, and I've been a part of the same waiting game as everybody else.

I thought there would be some sort of announcement by now. Absent of that, I'd be happy to post some uninformed speculation, if that makes you feel better.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

Affiliate managers - take the survey at http://www.affstat.com/ and you will get a copy of the AffStat 2003 Report Executive Summary

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Now, now, guys, they can't possibly be ready to make an announcement: the shopping season isn't quite over.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

ABW Ambassador
    I thought it was by the first week in December for all Networks?

As far as CJ ... Todd posted in a CJ thread ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Our goal is to have the code of conduct approved and published by the end of November. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phase II

Dave

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Our goal is to have the code of conduct approved and published by the end of November. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

That may have been what Todd said long ago, but three days ago he replied to my complaints with the following. It appears then that the time-line for all this has been moved back from what you all posted above. I'm wondering if by the end of December if we will hear that it has been moved to January. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have posted this before and Wayne Porter has also made statements regarding the status of the Nov. 7 meeting.

We (the solution providers) are working together to draft and publish a code of conduct for publishers that will address concerns regarding certain types of technologies and publisher practices.

We said on Nov. 7 that we would get something done in December and that is still the plan.

We also agreed not to use this forum or any other forum to one up the other by making statements, etc. without everyone's involvement.

All the solution providers have been equally involved in creating a resolution. This may not be apparent but it is true.

We are not dragging our feet on this - we are working as quickly as possible to get this done.

Lastly, all the networks are working to get the various companies to be in compliance. No one network is doing more or less than the others.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

ABW Ambassador
    Put up or shut up!

I'm asking every affiliate that has / is going to respond with time to petition - to send Me a PM indicating you want to participate in a group action.

I've heard that we need 20 people to file like compliants for way to long!

If you want to let the networks and parasites run you over and put you out of business than do nothing. The networks have not represented our interests for over a year and will not do so in the future!

The networks answer to our current issues are "at best" going to be "no automatic programmatic diversion will be allowed but"…….. use any programmatic method you want to "divert the customer". Parasites seem to indicate that they have a right to steal because "it's the users choice". Yes, that’s right and it was "the users choice" to come to my site and not to YOURS!

The network plans to legitimize the parasitic issues will be to adopt a standard that basically stipulates :

"Consumers are so dumb, we have decided to allow and support unethical parties to be able to put applications on consumer PCs that exist for the sole purpose of watching a consumers every move while they surf the web so that the application can have an opportunity to remind the user that they can get a rebate if they go to the parasites web site."!

Geeze folks - this is hardly a giant step forward towards protected our rights and not allowing others to steal and profit from our work. It's hardley an ethical solution for average consumers either!

If you're really serious about filing legitimate complaints and want to do it the right way so we can get some real action going then PM me.

14. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread