ABW Ambassador
    Got the notice this morning, they are on deactivated list. Wonder if it is a mistake or not. Hate taking down links to put them up the next day.
    Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Shoot, I got that one too. :mad:

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Glad that one showed up. I'm trying to find all the links to Liz Clairborn at my ecomcity.com mall and perminently remove them. 647 clicks throughs without even one sale and this merchant gets nada impression from me since they can't close targeted traffic.

HUH?!?!?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Liz Claiborne has misteriously disappeared from my deactivated list. Anyway, they are deleted from my database and they will stay deleted. I totally agree with Mike. I have sent them a LOT of traffic and not even one sale was generated from that traffic. That's why they will stay deleted.

Only to think how stupid I was to have their products on my HP. :rolleyes: :mad:

ABW Ambassador
    I've had a few sales with Elisabeth.com but not the number it should have been considering the amount (and quality) of traffic I've sent them. I've been deemphasizing them lately, which kills me because with their name it's fun promoting them!

I think I discovered the problem. I recently clicked through to them when I was showing my site to a friend, and was greeted by a note that I had to download Flash to be able to enjoy the site (or something to that effect). Most of us likely have flash already so wouldn't see that message. But that would cut a lot of visits short and many folks wouldn't get any further no matter how good the clothes are. (And they ARE good clothes!)

Sigh ...

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    Someone must be making money with them, because if they weren't, how else could their account balance get wiped out and get them temporarily deactiviated ?

Could be they had a good weekend for sales , and all the commissions dryed out their account to the point of deactivation .

Anything's possible, it is the holiday shopping season, and could just be with the
    weekend, they did not realize their account balance was that low !

Lisa

ABW Ambassador
    World take note: CJ has admitted an error! Got this email a few minutes ago:

Dear Elisabeth.com publishers,

Due to an internal error within Commission Junction, the Elisabeth by Liz Claiborne program was deactivated on Sunday morning, 12/9/01, without just cause. The account was reactivated later that day. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. In no way should this error reflect unfavorably on Elisabeth by Liz Claiborne's program with Commission Junction.

Thank you,

Commission Junction
    Finance Dept.

=====

Elisabeth Archambault

Elisabeth, I just received the same email. Too late though. I pulled their links and they are staying down. I don't like what you said about the Flash and I've never done anything with them.

ABW Ambassador
    Must have been a bad weekend at CJ...here is a different one:

Dear Verizon publishers,

Due to an internal error within Commission Junction, the Verizon Online =
    DSL program was deactivated on Sunday morning, 12/9/01 without just =
    cause. The account was reactivated later that day. We apologize for any =
    inconvenience this has caused. In no way should this error reflect =
    unfavorably on Verizon's program with Commission Junction. =20

Thank you,

Commission Junction
    Finance Dept

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

They both got deactivated
    "Due to an internal error within Commission Junction" . Wonder how many others there were too ? Other advertisers AND publishers too ?

Wondering now if it's possible for publishers to get deactivated due to the same internal error , and that's why I made ZILCH at CJ for the past two days, and all of a sudden, today, I am tracking again and things are back to normal ?

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lisa

ABW Ambassador
    Firstly,
    Elisabeth was a poor performer on my sites ... so I won't put back their links !!

Second,
    Lisa ... Your right ... If Cj admits they have glitches from "internal errors" with Merchants ... Why can't they admit it with Publishers?

I just got off the phone with them and got the same old rhetoric ... "We havent gotten any other complaints like this ... so it must be coincidence ... We will as our programmers and get back to you if we find anything" Yada Yada Yada

Meanwhile ... One of the busiest weekends of my year goes down the crapper.

Man ... I'm pissed :mad:

Regards,
    Dave

ABW Ambassador
    Dave

So tell me, is your tracking "magically" back on today too, or are you still in the Twilight zone ? This is ridiculous isn't it ?
    How can we concentrate on improving our sites when we are constantly distracted with crap like this ?

And CJ wonders why we login an check our stats so much ...Duh ...It is so frustrating at times !

Lisa

ABW Ambassador
    Lisa,

They seem to be back to "normal" now.

I forgot to say this when calling CJ ..

Talked to Adell? (I think .. never got her before) She said ... I'll contact you If I find out anything... I said ... I NEVER GAVE YOU MY ACCOUNT #...HOW? She was less then pleasant.

Hope thinks are back for you too Lisa!!

Dave

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know the internal workings of CJ, but I have to wonder if there were more merchants, and these two are the only ones that contacted CJ and said something was wrong. Not every merchant is a lying, gold-digger, dirtbags. Perhaps some spoke up on our behalf, or perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Elisabeth.com doesn't convert worth Sheet. I will disappear them from my sites, regardless of whether they were deactivated by fluke or not.

You're right if you picked up that I didn't jump on their notice...I tend to wait a day or so when I get those "temporarily deactivated" notices. I've had it be more temporary than I expected more than once (not always CJ's fault). After one round of sudden coding qualifying as w*rk, I resolved to wait at least a day before removing any deactivated merchant links!

But since Elisabeth.com DOESN'T know how to convert, I'll keep changing out those links as I run into them on my sites.

Elisabeth (Buckworks), thanks for the info about the Flash. That could explain it...

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread