Hello, All!

Beginning at 12:01 am tomorrow morning, September 25, Blair.com will be paying 15% commissions on all orders from our CJ affiliates. That's nearly double our standard commissions!

This promotion will be active thru 11:59 pm, Sunday, Sept. 28.

Best of all, you don't have to do ANYTHING to nearly double your commissions. Just leave your Blair.com links alone, and earn more!

But... think about what would happen if you replaced that banner on your homepage offering a 5% commission with a Blair.com banner earning 15% commissions. Or how's about sending out an email to your site's member list? I'm sure you all have dozens of ways to take advantage of this fantastic offer.

Don't forget... during this promotion, Blair.com will still have 2 active promotions for shoppers in place.

1. 15% OFF orders of $60 or more with promo code QF2 (Expires 9/30)

2. FREE SHIPPING on ALL Orders with promo code QF3 (Expires 10/15)

You can find creatives for both of these offers at CJ.

Once this promotion is over, your commissions will revert back to our agreed upon terms. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Regards,

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

ABW Ambassador
    Just curious
    Whats with the link to Jane Seymour and then the link to crossing point? Is this a page leak or do we get commissions from crossing point?
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

ABW Ambassador
    Chris,

You decision to add the following last month:

"Effective Friday, August 8th, 2003 Blair prohibits all Affiliates from bidding more than $0.10 on the Blair brand name or misspellings for search engine positioning. This notification applies to, but is not limited to, the following Blair trademarks and brand names: Blair, Blair.com, Blair catalog, Blair catalogs, Blair clothes, Blair clothing, Blair menswear, Blair mens, Blair womenswear, Blair womens, Blair men's, Blair women's, Blair online, Blair home, Blair clearance, Blair apparel, Blair company, Blair Corp, www.blair.com If you are currently using any of these trademarks in any search engine positioning, please adjust your bid price to $0.10 or less, effective Friday, August 8th, 2003. Furthermore… when using any Blair trademark in any search engine positioning, all traffic must be sent directly to the appropriate page at Blair.com. These steps are needed to protect our valuable Blair trademarks. As a Blair Affiliate you have agreed to abide by the trademark restrictions. If we discover you are bidding more than $0.10 on the trademarked name or URL, or violating the Agreement in any way after the effective date, you will be notified immediately. Subsequent violations may result in termination from the Blair Affiliate program."

Very wise ...and ABW informed move. Enforce these rules so you afford to offer increased commissions more often. WTG

ABW Ambassador
    The emphasis was on "enforce these rules".

I guess the rules serve as a cover ...a "we don't take responsibility for the advertising practices of our affiliates" kind of thing?

Look at the Google index ...what a shame that all those countless hundreds of webpages that abuse your trademark aren't disappearing.

ABW Ambassador
    I think Chris is referring to PPC, not natural search listings. Actually rereading you can bid on their TM, just keep in under 10 cents.

ABW Ambassador
    Chris,

Maybe you can clarify this. Does seach engine positioning refer just to bidding? Restricting the amount of a bid is really the only concern to blair.com?

You see all the countless pages out there that cram the blair trademark into a title tag ...and then bury blair.com in a pool of their competitors within that page's actual content.

Hi All:

I'm happy to clarify.

Yes... the letter sent to affiliates was only in regards to bidding on our branded keywords. And, Trust is correct that affiliates are still allowed to bid our branded keywords, as long as they bid below us. This allows us as the owner of the brands to be at the top of the listings, and keeps the bid prices for affiliates at a more competitive level. It is also much easier for us to police they use of our TM's in regards to bidding.

Natural search is an entirely different animal, and much harder to restrict, according to our legal advisors. My understanding of this part is limited at best. All I can say is that it is being studied, and the legal folks are doing some investigating and research.

If anyone would like to discuss this with me further, I am always available via email, and always return phone calls.

Regards,

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    quote:
    I am always available via email

Chris,

We need a response - and a fix to the below email from July.

Billy

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: 2 New Promos from Blair.com!
    Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 07:10:56 -0700
    To: cpark@blair.com
    References: [deletedbybilly]

Hi Chris,

Don't know if anyone ever told you, but the Bargain of the Day dynamic
    script changes the default font styles of my entire page (not just the
    Blair stuff) - basically all the links on our page turn to blue.

Can you have your tech people look into it.

Thanks,
    Billy

Hi Billy!

Sorry. We added a new email filter, and I don't think I got the email. I'll have our tech folks look into this and get back to you ASAP.
    Christopher Park
    Affiliate/Partnerships Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074
    AIM: BLAIRAffiliates
    Twitter: BLAIRAffiliates

Chris,

Blair:
    Your script is STILL wreaking havoc. Been 4 months since I mentioned this???

Crossing Point:
    All the banners in the CJ "By Promotion" interface have bold red letters: This promotion has ended". Can you update them?

CP2:
    A site lists the following coupons - which I can't find in CJ. Can I use them? And if so, when do they expire?

Special Promotions

* Get 50% off any orders! (Expire soon)

Coupon Code: 25517
    To redeem this coupon, enter coupon code in the box that reads "Please enter your priority code to ensure you get the correct pricing and promotions as advertised". The discount will be reflected on your payment information page after you enter shipping info.
    Problems redeeming this coupon? Please email us

* Get 25% off any orders! (Limited time)

Coupon Code: 25182
    To redeem this coupon, enter coupon code in the box that reads "Please enter your priority code to ensure you get the correct pricing and promotions as advertised". The discount will be reflected on your payment information page after you enter shipping info.

* Get $20 off orders over $80! (Limited time)

Coupon Code: 21958

* Free shipping on any orders! (Limited time)

Coupon Code: 25300

Billy --

My IT folks guaranteed me that the script had been repaired. Would you please email the specifics again and I'll make sure it gets done properly this time.

Actually, since CrossingPointe is beginning to liquidate merch, everything on the site is 40% OFF now, not 50%, not 25%.

There will be new banners/promotions available at CJ later today for both Blair and Crossing Pointe.
    Christopher Park
    Affiliate/Partnerships Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074
    AIM: BLAIRAffiliates
    Twitter: BLAIRAffiliates

Edited - and deleted by Billy (thought I was posting this in a PM - NOT for everyone to see!!)

Speaking of anal affilliates...

when you glance at our Blair page...

why don't you make the Clearence banner the same size as the other two banners and my Blair page will be analy-correct!

Billy

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread