Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For the last few months, i've had 1/3 to 2/3 of my eBay nickels/dimes reversed within 2 days.

For the last couple of days, I've had no reversal, knock on wood. Has anyone else experienced this pattern?

No reversals since August 21.<knock on wood> I expect one any day now...

no reversals because no income. if times change for the better <knock formica> I'll promote them more.

I had a couple of transactions show up in my website performance report, but not in the transaction report.

I'm pretty sure there is something screwy going on there, so I've sent off for an answer with AAQ.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    there is something screwy going on there

...it's called fraud

No such pattern with me, the red ink is still flowing profusely from eBay! It's a bit less now than it was in the beginning, but I attribute that to changes made on my pages, not to changes within eBay.

They are still ripping people off!

The answer is an easy one: they need to fix their cookies. It isn't hard, almost every other merchant out there knows how to do it.

Some of the reversals are legit: for instance, I cleared my cookies folder and went shopping at eBay through one of my links. For every bid I placed, I got paid at CJ. So, tracking was working at that point in time. But, since I hadn't returned to my site between bids, only the first bid was legit, and the rest were all reversed. Why the cookie is kept after the first action is for eBay to answer.

My next test will be to go back to my site between multiple clicks and bids, to see if they stick. I'll let everyone know. I'm waiting for certain things to be listed to bid on.

eBay needs to seriously overhaul their dysfunctional affiliate program. The affiliates producing the traffic aren't being compensated properly for that traffic, and the Active Registrations have gone into the toilet.

All this from a company whose business plan depends on trust, from feedback, and from users who trust eBay to maintain high standards. It's not happening in eBay's own affiliate program, so why should we think it's happening in other areas?

Andy

quote:
    and the Active Registrations have gone into the toilet.

I've wondered at what point in time 95 percent or more of potential joiners will have joined, leaving very few left to register.

I got a new signup just yesterday. They are few are far between these days...

I have often wondered when we hit the bottom of the barrel?

Has anyone ever really given thought to why someone would supposedly sign-up and never bid? That always seemed a little off to me.

Also, just about every dime gets reversed. It's ridiculous. Additionally, I had visitors at my house on Sunday. As I was showing them our web sites, on two occasions with two different people, they clicked through our sites to Ebay and wanted to bid. They registered and placed their bids...BUT THE TWO REGISTRATIONS STILL HAVE NOT APPEARED!!!

Lastly, since they upped the registration amount from $5 to $10 registrations dropped dramatically.

I'M REALLY BEGINNING TO BELEIVE THE POSTERS HERE WHO SCREAM FRAUD!!!!

ATKOgirl

eBay has a forum you can post in, also. some of us do.

I got another registration today, 2nd day in a row. They tend to come in waves. Knock on wood it is not reversed, I have not had any registration reversals (about 10) since they went to $10. I also don't see a lot of dime reversals, I get about 20-30 dimes per day and usually only see 1 or 2 dime reversals a week.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Might have something to do with the change in the COC.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in. Red ink resumed flowing yesterday and continues today.

Crunched through my numbers and it looks like reversals have averaged 10-15% for the last 3 months. For the 3 months before that, it was 25-50%.

I had started eBay affiliate in 9/03 and did not get my first reversal until 2/04, and from there down hill.

Herb, thanks for the advice, I believe you're referring to the forum at affiliates.ebay.com. If it is, most of the discussions there seems to be of the "how do i use the editor kit" variety. My experience with eBay is that they seem to clam up when the question/situation gets difficult. On the other hand, they seem to allow for alot of critical comments on their own board.

Thanks again for all your comments,

Tuan.

The red ink is still around for me...

I got one nickel this month, and then it was reversed. Reason of reversal: duplicated order (with the big boy I guess).
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

Tuan,

Reverals didn't start until 2/4.

quote:
    Originally posted by Greg:
    Tuan,

Reverals didn't start until 2/4.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Anyone else with reversals starting on or about 2/4?

Tuan.

Well, no red ink for me since August 19th, but my dimes have decreased noticeably.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

HI Meadowmufn,

My final September numbers were 25% reversal for bids/buy now and 33% reversal for registration.

Tuan.

Hello,

I spoke with eBay at CJU and by Q4, eBay should be processing the reversals internally, before displaying it on our reports.

The goal is for it all to happen within an hour of the transaction time, which should help with the reversals after a few days issue.

Tuan.

TLE,

Thats really bad news. Showing that we're being ripped off is better than hiding it.

Any other details from them?

Hi Greg,

That's about it, actually the eBay presentation was for advertisers, so it was nice to get some info relevant to publishers.

Out of curiosity, how are we being ripped off?

Tuan.

ABW Ambassador
    Raising commissions again to $12 per registration Nov 1

ABW Ambassador
    They have really turned this thing around. Less reversals, higher commissions, more money.

I'm happy for the commission raise. I just started promoting eBay a couple months ago and have already surpassed most of my merchants in earnings. This is just icing on the cake.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast