CJ.com has sure changed lately. And I stopped sending people their way this morning. Why? They used to have a good, fair program and my company earned money from sales, especially from our own clients we sent there.

Now, sales don't even show up! Not even for my own clients and leads, and even many PAID leads via GoogleAdword campaigns. The clicks show up ONLY. But time and again, sales do NOT show up at all -not with CreditandDebt.com, not with the WallStreet Journal (until I want on a rampage), not with iPowerweb, no one. Period. And I'm talking about sales that I KNOW were placed via my clients.

CJ.com needs a REAL program again. Believe it or not - -companies like mine PAY to send leads to their clients. When these leads buy, we need compensated, otherwise they are cheating us.

Their company has taken a bad turn for the worse, regrettably so, and needs to improve.

Actually, the Internet-world overall seems less fair to marketers today and more greedy, in my opinion. And that is very frustrating. Leads cost almost 10-times more today than they did even a year ago, where we purchase (or rather purchase”d” from). And with more competition, relationship marketing is where it’s at - -more essential. So leads are not only $$-costly, but time- and energy- costly as well.

I’m about ready to kick affiliate programs all together and just sell my own items. Seriously.

It's like trying to re-earn commission for a car you just sold at a dealership. You have to go BACK and re-earn your money from the sale from the dealer when paycheck time comes. UGH!!!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    That's funny. They're working fine for me.

Are there any networks you like?

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Hi there dbarnum,

Has your PPC strategy changed? Don't forget the SE algorithm is always changing....

Our top performers are making great money in our program - CJ is recording their sales without issue (to the best of my knowledge).

Friendly suggestion 1: Take a look at all external factors before dumping CJ - lots of people are making money through them.

Friendly suggestion 2: Keep your chin up - stay positive. What you believe becomes real to you. If you believe there is no hope of success - there won't be - that much is certain.

A few inspirational quotes for those of you who might be having a bit of a rough go...

" If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble; that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it."
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

" Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."
    Virginia Satir

There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend.
    Katharine Butler Hathaway

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
    Beverly Sills

It takes a long time to bring excellence to maturity.
    Titus Livy

This thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.
    Mary Pickford

You always pass failure on the way to success.
    Mickey Rooney

Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way.
    Booker T. Washington

...and finally,

You must motivate yourself EVERYDAY!
    Matthew Stasior

I've got no doubt that there are many ways we are all losing sales - sometimes to each other . All of that has been discussed here many times.

But the truth is you can still earn a very good living, even if you just used CJ alone.

Quite an inspirational Post Liz. Let me go and make few more pages.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    LOL!! Is that all it takes?

*dusts hands off*

Another day another job well done...

Glad someone has been inspired!!

Great post Liz!!!

Ebudae

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Not sure what "networks" refers to, so can't respond.

And yes, this has happened with 3 different companies all through CJ.com, so I don't want to take any more chances. They are just not recording real-time purchases any longer, as far as I can tell. Only cicks.

Glad others are reaping, though. Good luck to us all

Networks = CJ, Share A Sale, LinkShare... a network of affiliate programs under one roof.

I changed over to the new links a couple of weeks ago and have seen a drop in registered sales. My traffic levels are about the same though. I'm wondering if the new domain links are not registering with some merchants.
    I had also added some adsense skyscrapers to some of my pages also so this could have had a negative impact on sales so I plan to remove them and see if that helps.

dbarnum

It's not all CJ's fault..

some of it is some of it is not...

YES, sales are not being recorded sometimes..

many times in some cases..

parasites, Norton blocking, merchant tracking problems, etc.

The trick is to find the individual programs that ARE working well within the CJ network. I deal with hundreds of them. Some track well and some do not.

I admit that it IS a shame that they ALL don't work well but take what you can get, right?

Due to all of the scams out there we have to try to make a buck where ever we can.

Just my couple of cents..

quote:
    I changed over to the new links a couple of weeks ago and have seen a drop in registered sales. My traffic levels are about the same though. I'm wondering if the new domain links are not registering with some merchants.

Shaughn, I have been slowly adding the new links as I update pages and have been wondering the exact same thing as you are. My clicks seem to be lower and sales are lacking. I'm hoping that isn't the case.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

You have to look around in CJ and find programs that work right??

Well, that is a hell of an indictment against CJ in my opinion. They should ALL work right.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    i think dbarnum is justifiable in his frustration. he's talking about transactions he knew were placed but didn't come up in the report.

it is easy for others to say that everything is fine because they just base their opinion on the transactions that they're seeing, but if you really know how many more transactions did not appear, it is really frustrating.

well, yesterday and today, i'm on the wrong server again. my reliable merchants are not producing. all my transactions yesterday were from merchants that i haven't had any sales before. if you consider that the traffic/clickthrough to each merchant are still the same, and if you consider that things like this happens to other people too, then you can definitely see a pattern.

I have been with CJ for many years and have never seen it so bad. It's Christmas and this is not normal for sales. When you start to make more with adsense then all merchants combined there is a problem. Could this be a cash grab by the merchants or networks?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The pickup in Holiday shopping traffic sure is coming to my sites. After 6 years with CJ I can truthfully say these last 2 months are the worse on record for all their domain bound affiliates not playing cookie stuffing tricks. Let this be a lesson to ALL not listening. This industry's mindset is pure play mass advertising. Look at the sheister's calling the shots.... ValueClick -DoubleClick the IAB and DMA. Not a one of them give a rats ass about the S word ...sales!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    The pickup in Holiday shopping traffic sure is coming to my sites. After 6 years with CJ I can truthfully say these last 2 months are the worse on record for all their domain bound affiliates not playing cookie stuffing tricks. Let this be a lesson to ALL not listening. This industry's mindset is pure play mass advertising. Look at the sheister's calling the shots.... ValueClick -DoubleClick the IAB and DMA. Not a one of them give a rats ass about the S word ...sales!

I can't believe you didn't mention the "ad whores".

http and a telephoto
    quote:
    Originally posted by DaPackster:
    quote:

Shaughn, I have been slowly adding the new links as I update pages and have been wondering the exact same thing as you are. My clicks seem to be lower and sales are lacking. I'm hoping that isn't the case.

After I switched all my links over sales increased dramatically and have stayed up.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread