Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I'm pleased to announce the newest contest here at ABW...The ABW Best Post Award. There are many great posts here related to affiliate marketing and this will be a way to recognize the contributions being made to the community and affiliate marketing.

How it will work:

1. Post must be directly related to affiliate marketing.

2. ABW Best Post will be awarded quarterly. The contest will run from the first on the month until the last day of the month on the following schedule:

January - March
    April - June
    July - Septemeber
    October - December

3. Members will nominate an individual post (not an entire thread or all posts by whoever member) that is posted during the timeframe above. So for the kickoff of this contest, you will nominate posts from July 1st until September 30th to be eligible for the first ABW Best Post Award.

4. To nominate a post, a special screen name has been set up so that over the 3 month period no nominations are lost. PM your nomination (a link to the actual post) to screen name ABW Best Posts. Please, only send nominations to this screen name.

5. Any registered user can make a nomination and you may nominate any post (as long as it is related to affiliate marketing). The author can be an affiliate, affiliate manager, merchant, network, etc.

6. A week or so after the end of each quarter, all nominations will be reviewed and a top secret panel of judges (yep you won't know who to bribe) will select the post they feel is the best contribution to affiliate marketing.

7. The winner's post and other nominations will be posted here at ABW once a winner is selected.

So continue to contribute all that helpful information and start making your nominations!

Oh and did I mention there would be a prize involved for the winner?

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

wow COOL...

no need to run
    i think Leader will win all contest

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

emphimy - I agree. Lets just vote for Leader.

ABW Ambassador
    So now we have to post in quantity *and* quality for prizes? Geez--what is this board coming to?

For this "Best Post" contest, I say we can't vote for any posts containing dancing bananas or any reference to "B-Ho-Ho-Ho"s or any other variation thereof. Therefore, any post with a parrot is pretty much out, too.

BTW, what sort of prize are we looking at? Recognition only?

Michael

Not to take anything away from Leader and her excellent posts, but there are many very good and informative posts here at ABW. Sometimes made by people who are new to the boards here at ABW. Anyone can win this award. There are many ways to contribute to affiliate marketing. But if Leader were to win, that would mean that someone had to nominate a specific post of hers.

All nominations will be seriously considered as long as they relate to affiliate marketing. And yes, even EcomMike has a chance to win if someone nominates one of his posts.

No the prize is not just recognition. But you'll just have to wait and see what it is until the first Award is announced.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

The 200,000th post will definately be the best post...very valuable

I nominate this post (top post)
    any post offering prizes should be a winner

Take care
    YouTrek.com

This may not be the best post, but it certainly deserves a prize for Best Thread Name!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Great news Ms.B.,

Thank you ABW for all the excitement you are offering, you not only give knowledge on this business for everyone, but you go beyond for all! Thank you, thank you!

AWESOME!!!!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    I'll through in a free t-shirt. Gordon was nice enough to model it for everyone...

These t-shirts are normally $39.95 a peice, but for the winner, what the heck - I'll give 'em a 50% discount!

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Glad the award is quarterly. Gives me plenty of time to brainstorm my one worthy post every 3 months. You'll easily be able to spot it as it will be so out of character.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like Gordon is having the same problem with his jeans. Are they from your exclusive range also Chuck?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Looks like Gordon is having the same problem with his jeans.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Maybe it's not the jeans or the t-shirt, Gordons just shrinking.

The above post may contain traces of nuts.

We are also developing a special ABW Stressball (squishy thingy) for all to enjoy

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    so... haiko, are you stressing, man? Breath through your nose, and out your mouth. Count to ten... at least that is what my mom use to tell me to do. More oxygen to the brain, I guess.

How about a punching bag, with a parasite on the face part?

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> More oxygen to the brain, I guess.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes you hyperventilate a bit. A quick, cheap (free) buzz.

I've gotten no nominations yet. I can think of several very good posts since July. If I have to go looking for nominations, well...watch out.

I sure hope the secret nomination committee doesn't deduct points for some lame posts by the same party. I've got a partner who often adlibs in my name. The conent of the jeweled winner should be the sole judgement of it's merits. The rest if the winning parties posts are just flavoring.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Charlie, no deductions for Mike's posts.

Posts are judged solely on the content of the particular post nominated.

Ms.B I agree with you on that,
    Charlie should not be punished for Mikes posts.

BTW is this post 200,000?
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

I totally agree. The effort it takes for me to tap dance across the keyboard, while maintaining a clear throught process, wtih this yahoo laughing in the background should be reason enough to win a posting award. I listen daily to all his rants and raves and decern the meat from the BS and spittle.

Only reason I let him participate is the checks get deposited in his account. Sanity is not one of his strong points but he gives a hell of a nice head and neck scratch. Would anyone like my list of dirty words? It doesn't include Wanks -B-a-HO -scumbags and sleezeballs. 4.95 get you all the best cuss words I've picked up over the years. ....Charlie@PayPal.com

Mike & Charlie ...

Well, I know there are lots of posts I would nominate for "best post" - but I just noticed something really interesting that should have an award. Karl from PhillyBurbs.com only registered in March but already is working on his 1000th post - as I see it now, he's at 912. That's gotta be some kind of record, right? Or are there other posting maniacs (no offense, Karl) out there too??

-patrice

Or are there other posting maniacs (no offense, Karl) out there too??- don't forget me.. Patrice... LOL.

xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Or are there other posting maniacs (no offense, Karl) out there too??- don't forget me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup I agree!

So how was your night job?
    Go make some pages now! lol...

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Nova- Night job totally Sucked.. Okay time to make more pages and meet with a possible new affiliate... Talk later

xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast