PacSun.com and CJ!
    PacSun.com and CJ Team Up Exclusively!

May 11, 2004 - In February 2004 we, at PacSun.com, made a commitment to streamlining and optimizing our affiliate marketing program in order to better serve our affiliate base. We have made many positive changes through the first quarter of 2004 and we will be continuing to do so in the coming months to fulfill our commitments and accomplish our goals.

With that said, it is with great pleasure and enthusiasm to announce that we have selected Commission Junction as our exclusive affiliate marketing network. Just as we are the leader in the teen apparel market, CJ has established themselves as a leader in the affiliate marketing services market. We feel strongly that our relationship with CJ will have a significant positive impact on both our programs and our affiliate relationships as well as allow us to continue to meet our business goals.

We appreciate your patience as we make the transition, and we look forward to working with you in the future through Commission Junction

If you have any questions, concerns or comments please feel free to contact us at any time.

And here it goes!

My first sale from Pacsun came in!

To many more

ABW Ambassador
    If I remember correctly (and I apologise if I am incorrect) you auto reject affiliates from outside the USA. Considering the internet is global and 80% of my visitors come from the USA - I really think that is a big mistake to make.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    quote:
    Dear Affiliate

As you know we have made several changes to our affiliate program in the last few months. In continuation of our efforts to improve our affiliate program we will no longer allow bidding on Pacific Sunwear, PacSun or any variation/ misspelling there of.

If you are currently bidding on one of our brand terms please cease and desist by 6/25/04. All other generic search terms are permitted. Also, as an Affiliate, it is permissible to use PacSun, Pacific Sunwear in your descriptions only, but not in any keyword titles.

We would appreciate your compliance with this new policy as soon as possible. After 6/25/04 we will give one warning and if the problem continues we will be forced to expire our marketing relationship

Not allowing affiliates to bid is fine and within your rights.

Telling affiliates what can or can't be on their own pages is micro-managing and meddling from suits with absolutely nothing better to do with their time.

While not as bad as Fossil (can't use the word Fossil, even though the CJ links DO contain the word!), it's still encroachment on your part, useless meddling, and I removed your links the day I rec'd the email.

My advice: If you're incapable of promoting your own company successfuly, hire a pro and don't take your incompetancies out on hard working affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    "Also, as an Affiliate, it is permissible to use PacSun, Pacific Sunwear in your descriptions only, but not in any keyword titles."

I have never heard of anything like that. What is that all about?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Means your Title Tag has to say:

<title>This is a webpage I created to promote sunglasses from a company I'm not allowed to name.</title>

And of the 250,000 google results, if they get their way, only ONE result will have PacSun or PacificSunwear in the Title.

And people should - by their reconing - only click on their own website, and bypass affiliates, so they don't have to pay. IMHO!!!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Billy Kay:
    Means your Title Tag has to say:

<title>This is a webpage I created to promote sunglasses from a company I'm not allowed to name.</title>

And of the 250,000 google results, if they get their way, only ONE result will have PacSun or PacificSunwear in the Title.

And people should - by their reconing - only click on their own website, and bypass affiliates, so they don't have to pay. IMHO!!!

That's what I thought. I despise that. It reminds me of a very similar situation that happened to one of my friends who is an affiliate of another cj program. She never named the merchants name anywhere, but within her website he promoted many of his individual products with his product links. She worked very hard at doing this, Well within a couple of months her site ranked higher than his in google for many of those products. She did not use google ad words, it just happened on it's own. After that happened, the merchant called her on it, criticized her site and insisted that she change things around and did a lot more to punish her that I will not go into here. Anyway, I often wonder why these types of merchants even have affiliate programs. I mean how do you promote the merchants products without mentioning the name of the product!

Geez you guys need to get a grip. Theres millions of ways to get a sale without using the merchant names or using the keyword pacsun. Now I'm back to work!, Oh by the way another sale came in from Pacsun Go ahead and loss out on the Big bucks! I'll take your money anytime!

9. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread