Now that we see more "foreign" merchants available in the CJ interface, I wonder what opportunities there are for those of us who have had what appear to be strictly U.S./Canada-centric sites?

How are you integrating the new merchants into your sites: starting a new site? making a dedicated country page? putting a separate section on an existing site or page?

Are you running up against particular site qualification problems with the new merchants?

Are there questions I haven't asked?

quote:
    Originally posted by Herb Ô¿Ô¬:Are there questions I haven't asked?

The main one is the one us non-US affiliates have to cope with in being paid from another country. CJ is the easiest way to go as they pay in a variety of currencies and pay direct credit to your account. But other networks may require an account in the country of origin of the programme or the EU for instance - or may pay you in a foreign currency cheque.

In my limited experience of country targetted content, aiming at the US or UK, dedicated country sites work best. With different pages per country, you have the problem of duplicate content. The ideal is to be able to determine the surfer's country of origin from the IP address and deliver content / products accordingly. How you do that and not be seen to deliver duplicate content while also optimising for the SE's is a question on a whole level or two further than I can cope with at the moment.

I have been thinking about this alot as 1/3 of my traffic is comming from england and europe...

I have been thinking about how do I go about targetting these visitors... the biggest thing is
    getting paid... in my mind... I now this is a problem I always face with no cj canadian merchants...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I'd like to see this thread address the CJ merchants in particular. I know there are entire UK networks that for the most part want you to be able to accept pounds or be an UK citizen. I do have an account on a server in Paris with a dot-UK domain, but I don't think that is enough to satisfy the situation with some.

Somehow I have the idea that if we are successful with the European CJ merchants we can open up some more doors, also.

quote:
    Originally posted by Herb Ô¿Ô¬:Somehow I have the idea that if we are successful with the European CJ merchants we can open up some more doors, also.

There have been a few US merchants who initially rejected me, but then when I emailed and explained, accepted me without too much difficulty (including on CJ). You could try that approach. Also, some UK and EU merchants are on more than one network, so it may be worth approaching them at different places. But first you need to be able to say, I want to sell <these-products> from <this-site>. In my experience, they aren't interested in what you might theoretically do one day.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread