All,

I am pleased to announce that Brian Littleton, the Owner/Operator of the Shareasale™ Ad Network, will be doing an Open Q&A™ with ABW members this week.

Shareasale, based out of Chicago is one of the fastest growing and stable of the 'non big three' ad networks. I have the ABW affiliate program with them and have been nothing but happy with their service and tracking! For a limited time, the setup fee to be an merchant is only $150 and your program can be up and running in just a few hours, for more information on shareasale, becoming an affiliate with their 300+ programs or becoming a merchant, go to http://www.shareasale.com

Welcome Brian!

Haiko
    PS Post your individual questions to Brian as New Topics in this forum.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Just wanted to post a "Hello", and a Thanks to Haiko for having me on here this week....i appreciate the opportunity to answer any questions you all have...and especially look forward to your comments and suggestions on how I can improve the Shareasale.com site for you...

thanks again,

-brian

ABW Ambassador
    I signed up as a Shareasale affiliate recently and put some merchant's links on my site. The site I put them on does not generate a heck of a lot of traffic, so I would not be alarmed if I checked my shareasale stats and found that the balance is zero.
    BUT.......
    I wanted to get hosting for my niece and nephew to put up their own homepages, and I figured I would take advantage of the great deal offered by Axehost, so I purchased two hosting accounts through the shareasale link on my site.
    These sales do not appear on my shareasale stats!
    So I wonder if:
    A) The sales were not eligible for commission because I made the purchase for myself, or
    B) there is something wrong with Shareasale tracking, or
    C) Axehost is doing something to circumvent reporting of sales.
    The Shareasale response to my first inquiry about this matter is that you do your own tracking of sales, and that if I had a problem I should send details about the sale in question.
    When I sent details, I never received another response from Shareasale. :confused:

PS - I am very happy with what I got for my money from Axehost.

[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: deelz ]

[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: deelz ]

[ 04-19-2002: Message edited by: deelz ]

deelz,

yes, i did receive the details that you sent a little while ago...and have pursued it with axehost...unfortunately, sometimes the resolutions take a little longer than they should...hopefully ill have news for you soon on those...

As a note to all on tracking:

If you are aware, at anytime, of a sale that you think should have been credited....let me know ASAP with as much detail as possible. ALL stats (excluding the aggregate hit commission explained earlier in this forum...) show up in real-time...so if it doesn't show up right away, it isn't in there at all...and it could signal a problem with the merchant's implementation of our tracking code...which would need to be fixed asap....

-brian

ABW Ambassador
    In any case, I didn't mean to imply that Shareasale is cheating me or anybody else. Just that there may be a misunderstanding on my part, or a glitch in tracking software, or perhaps a cheating merchant.
    When an order is placed with Axehost, at some point it is diverted to their parent company (DPS Systems).

Brian,

Welcome aboard.

So far I have made two checks promoting a couple of your merchants...both have been paid right on time.

I will be sending more traffic to your merchants now that BeScrewed and Snare continue to rip off affiliates left and right.

Also, we will probably open a merchant account with you in May.

Hell Brian & Welcome.

I started an affiliate program for one of my sites with Clixgalore, I had a huge amount of questionable traffic from a handful of my affiliates. It seemed that some were using a program to immitate clickthroughs. Others were incentive-based sites that had thousands of non-english speaking members who were just clicking for pennies. I have to admit, Clixgalore was wonderful with how they handled my complaints. They returned all of the commission that I paid to these merchants and did so within a very quick timeframe.

My question is two-fold...

How do you handle fraud complaints such as the one described above?

What percentage of your affiliate pool are incentive-based sites?

You raise a good question, because, unfortunate as it is...some people out there still think they can trick/cheat/steal from merchants and affiliate networks.

So....we end up handling a couple of fraud complaints per day...and most times, quite frankly, they are very easy to detect, and the commissions are simply returned to the merchant's account....and the offending affiliate is banned.

Incentive programs MUST receive a specific letter of permission from ANY merchant running a pay-per-lead or pay-per-click program before promoting that merchant. If they don't, the commissions are usually voided by the merchant, although they sometimes choose to accept the affiliate at that point...up to them. This is all laid out in the terms of agreement, which I encourage everyone to read anyhow...

as far as percentages, incentive sites are a small, but persistant percentage. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] but as a merchant, it is your choice as to whether or not you want their traffic.

From here on out...lets get off of this welcome thread...and have new questions posted as new topics... (Makes it easier for me to find your questions.) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread