MyTights.com - December Incentive Competition –Commission Junction Program!

In the spirit of the season we thought we would extend a fun Christmas Incentive to our fabulous Publishers!!!!

The Publisher with the Highest Number of Sales in December will receive a Christmas bonus of $100.

Tools to help increase YOUR sales!!!!

· Exiting New Christmas Creative – Tons of
    new banners in a number of different
    sizes and shapes. All Christmas banners
    link to a Hot List landing page with our
    Christmas suggestions and include a $5
    coupon for the customer to use on their
    first order.

· New Text Links – Directing customers to
    our new, updated specialized landing
    pages including a $5 coupon for their
    first order.

· Gorgeous New Gift Wrap – Stylish wrap
    that will make each customer feel like a
    star. Also I should mention that unlike
    most competitors, with MyTights you
    receive commission on gift-wrap charges!

· Banner Generator – Visit the MyTights
    Affiliate Page and choose exact products
    to fit your site.

So for all of you Affiliates out there not signed up with MyTights.com, there is still time to cash in before the Holidays. With 10-15% commission, 60-Day Cookie, Free External Datafeeds, Coupons, Promotions and more there is no reason to hesitate.

To join our online team just visit our Affiliate link on our Homepage and start earning immediately.
    http://www.mytights.com/mytights/info/affiliate.html

Happy Holidays,

Amanda Hayes
    Affiliate Manager
    Amanda@MyTights.com
    MSN: ABH26@Hotmail.com
    020 8400 6272

Dress your legs with MyTights.com – Hosiery from your Desktop to your Door!
    www.MyTights.com

ABW Ambassador
    Why exclude most affiliates with this "The Publisher with the Highest Number of Sales in December"

Only one winner. Most of us have no chance of being the winner. So why should we even try?

I am just curious as to why you are only rewarding one affiliate.

How about a bonus for all affiliates? Something that everyone can strive for?

Julian,

I'm sorry if you think that this is not a good promotion. However we are a new merchant on the CJ program we are test running this promo to see how things go, we will be looking also into what promos will work best for the January Sales as well.

So your feedback is needed and we appreciate it.

In regards to everyone getting a bonus, if you look over our current structure set up you'll find that similar companies to ours (i.e. target audience, similar sale transactions, product) offer our current commission rates and tier structure as a bonus over the holidays where as we offer this structure year round. The tools I listed in the post are things we made available especially to help merchants boost their sales for December to really take advantage of this commission structure to the fullest for December. So, I think that everyone can have a chance to win with increased commissions.

Also, as we are a new Merchant on Commission Junction I have to say that as with all new programs things take off slowly and we are growing but I would not say that there is definitely one Publisher that will easily sweep the bonus incentive so I personally think looking over our Publshers that the Bonus is up for grabs and that if everyone works hard, it could easily be won even by a publisher that previously hasn't performed that well.

Thank you and please feel free to email or PM me with any special creative needs you have for your site. I am always here to help in anyway that I can.

Amanda Hayes

Amanda,

I have to agree with Julian. The top slot is likely not attainable by most of your active affiliates. You'll reward one affiliate, and most won't bother.

So if you're trying to drive more overall traffic from affiliates, and get more affiliates to join the program, you'll need a more broad-based approach. For example, offer prizes for Largest Increase in Revenue, or offer a first, second, and third prize.

By rewarding only one affiliate, you'll be incentivizing only the top few affiliates, and not the broader base.

Good luck with your new program.

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    I have absolutely nothing against your program.

However, a merchant such as Walmart (I know that they are not a direct competitor, but they are a major merchant) are offering up to a $20,000 bonus for December. All affiliates can earn a bonus. A $100 bonus should be easy to earn.
    My time, and the time of every affiliate is limited, and we have to decide who we are going to promote aggresively this month.
    A $100 bonus awarded to one affiliate, compared to easily reached bonus targets with other merchants, it just doesn't make sense to promote your company.

Yes, you are a new merchant, but there are so many merchants already out there that are practically begging us to promote them (and rewarding us nicely) at this time of year.

I'm not a mytights.com affiliate but I'm going to throw in my 2 cents from experience. Offering a prize for a single affiliate NEVER motivates people. As an alternative, you might simply figure up what sales level the affiliate would need to achieve to cover the bonus you want to offer and then offer the bonus for that sales level.

I think it's much more motivating when in January you can say "X number of affiliates earned $100 bonus in our December promotion. Next time it could be YOU!" rather than "One person won and the rest of you lost."

Thanks to all your input is greatly appreciated!!!

You live and learn I guess, will be taking all of this into account as I begin scheming my January Promotion Ideas.

Amanda

Amanda,

Another thing to think about as to improvements in your program: Watching out for parasites.

For example, I notice that mytights.com has CashBack's BargainBuddy as an affiliate. As I mentioned in another forum, BargainBuddy is known to be installed through security holes. Of course, BB also claims commissions on type-ins (where users directly request your site, not going through any bona fide affiliate web page). All in all, this may not be a software download you want in your affiliate program. Worth thinking about.

Ben

I didn't know you had parasites in your program Amanda. These folks steal commissions from other affiliates. It's not just cheating, it's stealing.

With parasites, there will be no way any regular affiliate can win your contest - or want to try.

Perhaps more importantly, these folks will steal commissions from you directly !

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Amanda Hayes:
    Thanks to all your input is greatly appreciated!!!

You live and learn I guess, will be taking all of this into account as I begin scheming my January Promotion Ideas.

Amanda

Actually you have plenty of time to change your Dec. promotion.

I will definitely take a look into BargainBuddy, Thank you for bringing that to my attention, that is greatly appreciated.
    I can assure you however that everyone gets credit for their sales.
    If you find a previous post I have under parasites section, I let everyone know that I check every single transaction daily as we have our own cookie which tracks sales on our inhouse tracking program. There have in the past been some cookies that seem to get lost on the CJ program, that we still find with our program and I have actually tracked down to give the Merchants credit for manually.

And as for the Christmas promotion, I really appreciate everyones posts and will take them into consideration for our January Promotions. As of now there is not any "super" affiliate with all the sales so honestly everyone really does have a chance.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!
    Amanda

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread