Brian,

I know you run a tight ship, but I'd like to respectfully ask the following Q ...

About a week after I became a merchant on Shareasale an affiliate (I forgot the domain, but can look it up) applied [I was still on manual approve] had an MLM scam on his site and said he had 20K affiliates (?) in his downline, I was excited as a newbie merchant and let him join.

I noticed, however, that the members who joined under him all had a subdomain [of his via community builder] and replicated pages, and pretty bad at that when I visited their site. I noticed a plan (on these sites) to take advantage of various ad networks (including Shareasale) affiliate programs and paid to read email services (pretty detailed), what, if anything, has been done with this Clan of bogarters who act under the guise of real traffic whilst they are clearly incentivized and BS traffic are set out to ROB merchants and networks of their profits for their own ill gotten gain.

Haiko

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Yeah, we don't like or really want them around either...and the best resolution is just to "Not approve" them for your program, and that stops them from promoting your program. If you send me over the specific affiliate's ID as well, i can look into his account and see if there are any violations, etc.. in what he is doing....

we are implementing an auto-filter for approvals which includes a top-level domain requirement...which should help this in the future as well..

Brian I'm sending you a pm with more info on this.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread