ABW Ambassador
    We are seriously considering using shareasale for our affiliate program. I do have a question about reversals (I hate asking this [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]) With us doing webhosting, we frequently get fraudulent sales. In many of those cases, the credit card goes through and there are no problems. It's when I research it that I find it was an order placed from Indonesia for a customer in California. In most cases like that, a follow-up phone call will show that the order wasn't placed by the card holder. Is there a means to reverse such sales, and more importantly, is there a way for us to contact the individual affiliate and explain the circumstances of such a sale. I've always hated the CJ means of a generic description on reversals. I'd like to show our affiliates a little more respect and explain the details of the sale. I'm wondering if these are possible since I'm somewhat unfamiliar with shareasale on the merchant side.

Tom Pyles

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Yes, you can reverse those, and you can always send your affiilates messages detailing the specifics of a void...The reasons that can be given are generic, "Fraud", "Invalid CC", etc... but you can contact the affiliate directly to his/her email box using the contact feature on the site....so you can explain further...

ABW Ambassador
    Brian,
    Thanks for the prompt reply. That works out perfect for us. CPA Bank has been trying to 'woo' me for sometime, even offering to get rid of the set-up, etc. Problem is there was no easy way for a reversal. I don't expect a lot of them but we do get them. Thanks again Brian for the fast reply and the support!!!

Tom Pyles

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread