Hi Brian,

I just sent a newsletter to my affiliates on Shareasale and out of the 600++ affiliates I have and about 90 bounced back as bogus emails [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Is there a way to change the a-login to be their email addy or paypal addy?

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't receive the email.
    + know you have the right address because I got the newsletter twice last month.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Haiko,

Im not sure why, but we do see sometimes a high number of returns, even from addresses that are good...from the newsletter feature...it is something that i am working on in order to improve...

Affiliates have to confirm their email with us when they sign up, before being able to login and "do stuff"... yet, they still manage to have invalid email addresses at times. :mad: I know it is a point of annoyance, and Im working on ways to improve it....hopefully asap....

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I didn't receive the email.
    + know you have the right address because I got the newsletter twice last month.
    Same with me Haiko,
    I got 2 last time.
    I've checked the account info and the e-mail address is correct.

Yeah, I hate bouncers, with my listbuilder account too many get bounced... and you still have to pay for them!!

I got it ! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Karl

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    How will the new federal spam legislation effect your merchant client list?
    "Dear Valued Customer,

On April 26, MindShare Design announced the implementation of its updated Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), a policy that outlines procedures for complying with the company's Opt-in requirements. The goal of the new AUP is to protect both MindShare Design and its customers from the growing resistance to unsolicited e-mail while, simultaneously, maintaining the effectiveness of e-mail. The MindShare Design AUP, however, reflects the reality that political and social forces are forcing changes at such a rate that we must act aggressively to stay on the vanguard of this highly effective communications medium.

Very briefly, e-mail marketers and publishers are currently facing more rules and regulations, from both the public and private sector, detailing how the may send their information. On the federal government level, two bills currently stand before the United States Senate that potentially affect the way MindShare Design and its customers conduct their communications. The first bill, proposed by Senator Conrad Burns, requires all e-mail marketing material to include clear and non-deceptive opt-out instructions, an accurate return e-mail address, and an accurate physical address for the sender-this bill is very likely to become law. The second bill being considered by the United States Senate is proposed by Senator "Fritz" Hollings and requires all companies collecting "sensitive" personal information to get opt-in permission, and, where that information is leaked out without subsequent opt-in authorization, the offending companies are subject to class-action suits.

On the state level, e-mail marketers and publishers face, as of May 3, 2002, regulations from 22 states. From clear opt-out instructions to subject-line requirements, states throughout the country have given its citizenry legal recourse against e-mailers who ignore remove request or simply fail to clearly state what it is they are trying to sell, solicit or communicate. With these state laws surviving all constitutional challenges to date, there appears to be no end in site for state regulation of e-mail.

Finally, with ISP revenues declining and costs increasing, companies are looking for ways to maintain a stable customer base while, simultaneously, reducing costs. Given this goal, ISPs have targeted unsolicited e-mail as the best way to reduce costs while maintaining customer loyalty, and, as a result, greater emphasis is being placed on demonstrating that recipients want the e-mail being sent. What does this mean? It simply means that e-mail marketers and publishers who send out materials to recipients who did not specifically request that information will face more closed ISP doors in the future, making their business an impossibility.

In short, from the federal government to the ISPs, the world is demanding that companies respect recipient in-boxes in an entirely new way. In the very near future, doors will be closed to unwanted emails, penalties will await spammers, and poor marketing results will await untargeted, unsolicited e-mails; MindShare Design's AUP has been created to avoid all these things.

In December of 2001, MindShare Design's Standards and Practices Group developed the current MindShare Design AUP, a policy that exceeds all governmental and industry requirements. The AUP essentially emphasizes MindShare Design's long-standing policy that all recipients on a customer's list have to specifically opt-in to the list in order to receive mail from the MindShare Design system, and that the opt-in has to be accompanied with expectation-setting information. Further, the December AUP prohibits using third-party lists, absent the customer eliciting an opt-in from the recipient. In short, MindShare Design, in an effort to assist our customers in the most responsible manner, created its December 2001 AUP to exceed current industry expectations while, simultaneously, setting sight on where we see the regulations going.

The problem, of course, is that conforming to the new industry standard takes time, and we now feel that we did not adequately warn our customers of the immediate need to enforce December's AUP. We at MindShare Design acknowledge that the immediate enforcement of the most current AUP was not communicated in the most effective manner and for this we apologize.

With this in mind, MindShare Design is officially requiring all of its customers to begin conforming to the new MindShare Design Acceptable Use Policy, but we are granting customers a grace period in which to conform. MindShare Design's COO Ted Bernard will follow this letter up with specific information on the AUP. MindShare Design is committed to helping its customers become responsible e-mail marketers, and we will offer services such as co-registration providers who can offer customers lists with accurate and complete opt-in information. Finally, where customers gathered recipient opt-ins off-line, MindShare Design will establish reasonable but responsible guidelines for documenting recipient opt-in. In short, the goal of our new AUP was never to cause our customers undue hardship, rather establish business practices that will perpetuate effective and responsible e-mail marketing practices in the years to come.

Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact MindShare Design Customer Support at support@mindsharedesign.com and we will endeavor to offer you the best customer support in the industry.

Best regards, Steve Smith
    CEO -MindShare Design, Inc.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Mike,

I want to look into this a little bit more before posting a reply...but i think the short answer would be that I doubt it will have much of an effect... mainly because our own spam policy is most likely stricter than even the law. we don't tolerate it where we find it...and affiliates and merchants alike are alerted to this....we have to be strict because it reflects on us in the end. ill look into it though, and see what i find....

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread