ABW Ambassador
    Just been looking around my shareasale account and noticed Hips n Curves - who do quite well for me - are marked as 'temporarily offline' . What exactly does this mean and do you not think it would be a good idea to notify affiliates.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Usually, it is an indication that the merchant has run out of funds temporarily....

we notify merchants twice when this is happening...once at their merchant defined "low balance threshold", and once again when it hits $0.

We have recently changed the policy on this, so I am glad you asked....

Prior to a couple of days ago, when the merchants balance was below $0, and we set the account "temporariliy offline", it would mean that none of the links would function....although tracking would still be accurate for old clicks... This policy was in place for protection of the affiliates, so that they never had commissions earned, that we didn't have merchant "Pre-payment" for....

However, what we have found is that most merchants are fairly quick to post more money into their account, and during that short time, we didn't want to have the affiliate miss out on a sale, or us, or the merchant for that matter....

Sooo.....we are now allowing the links and tracking both still work, even when the merchant is offline. So it is less of a problem to worry about for you now, then it was....

Basically, if you test your link, and it goes to the merchant's site, everything works.

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, that was the first thing I did before I posted which is why I was a little confused. More concerned that they don't have any cash in their account, as they are my best performer at Shareasale ( I think it averages out at about 75c per 10 clicks or something).

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    It happens sometimes when they have a bunch of sales in a row, or over a weekend, etc....which is another reason we changed the policy...and it should be better for you in the end...

they are a good merchant though, and im glad to hear you are having some success with them...

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread