Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have tried twice now to set-up an account. The second time I got half way through and then I got a script error when submitting one of the forms:

1. The name of the cookie variable has been misspelled.
    2. The cookie variable has not yet been created or has timed out.

Can you fix. I like that a Merchant actually has to have a logo to join :cool:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I just replied to your email, let me know if what I did fixed the problem or not...and we'll get you set up over here...

MORE ERRORS!

1. Error processing CFFILE
    2. ODBC Error Code = 22005 (Error in assignment)

I just made the set up deposit thinking we were good to go now too. :mad:

I sent trouble tickets to blittleton@.... and shareasale@....

I need my account fixed. Banners won't switch from private (I saved as public). I have 3 of one banner and 2 of another.

Is this going to be on going? How can this be fixed? What's UP? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Nice site but unstable thus far... PLEASE FIX :confused:

sengerdw,

I trust Brian with full FTP access into my server ... give it a few ... it'll be fixed.

Haiko
    PS. Wise choice!

WHAT??? :eek: I just deposited the set-up and minimum and it isn't even active. I have no affliates

Important: Your account balance with shareasale.com has dipped below $0

You should log in to your merchant area, at www.shareasale.com/m-login.cfm and deposit more money into your account if you want to continue to receive visitors from shareasale.com

Your account will not be able to receive new sales from affiliates until your account is above $0.

-shareasale.com

sengerdw,

The $150 is to set up the account, so of course you have no $ in the account to pay ... put in an extra $100 to cover leads / sales) and you're in business.

Haiko

I did! And my account shows a plus $50 from the initial set up fee of $200. :confused:

ShareaSale.com: Please be sure I have only one e-mail from the first trouble ticket. There may be an account in limbo that was never created past step one.

I am back to square one: Can't log in.

I do not like that feeling when I just sent money. Please update me soon if this is because you are working on it or what. Or if you are just putting it as a wash and refunding me... something.

What's up ShareaSale?

No comments, no contact! Just shut my account down and take a couple hundred bucks!

I would like to send that money to my affiliates at FineClicks.com.

I can't stand business organizational management on some sites today. How about keeping me informed! Or refunded.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Expecting a response on Saturday and Sunday of a holiday weekend is about the same as expecting a response at 3 AM any other day.

Surely you will hear from him Tuesday morning and he'll do whatever is necessary to resolve these issues.

He once offered to pay me commissions due from a merchant that had not paid him, so I know first-hand that he is not out trying to "take" anybody's money.

sengerdw,

Memorial day weekend ... come on ... I'm sure the "down time" will not make a difference in affiliate signups over this lethargic weekend!

If you chose to go with Chet [FineClicks.com] (search these boards) that is your choice!

I have invited many other networks here ... Directstuff (Jason Wolfe), AffiliateFuel (Spencer Forrest) , Chet (who is also an affiliate), and Brain (Shareasale), I chose to keep Brain as an active forum for I know what he DOES and CAN do for merchants!

When I started, I selected ClickXchange, then I went to Clixgalore for a few others, out of naivety, but I have only stayed with Brian (shareasale), and will continue to ... for I know he and his system are true!

I have never had a complaint of any tracking issues from over 660 affiliates ... isn't that what it is all about?

Wait till Tuesday ... he'll fix it!

Haiko
    [formatting]

[ 05-26-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    What is the status of this situation?

When will merchants again be able to sign-up?

Yes, merchants can sign up...there wasn't a problem that was global..just merchant specific...If you have trouble for any reason, just email me or post here....

Thanks for making those banners public - but I am still showing the duplicates. The animated and the static 468X60s.

I have been getting a lot of PM's that you do not support Macs. That is too bad. Being a graphics and freelance site - many of my users and affiliates will be Mac platform.

I do not want this program if you can not support that Mac platform! DO you plan on fixing this - everyone else seems to have the same problems.

I think it is best you give me back my deposit so I can give it to my FineClicks.com affiliates. They are doing very well. I do not think you will be able to support me or my members.

I'm not the expert that Brian is, but I have to disagree. The problem wasn't merchant specific. I had the same problems when I signed up and still do occasionally. The problem has to do with a lack of support for Macintosh users.

Every Mac I've used with ShareASale has turned up with the same errors: problems with account creation, problems logging in, links modified incorrectly, etc, etc...

IMO, all the things that people are saying about how great ShareASale is are true. It's terrific for starting up an affiliate program, and the improvements that Brian keeps making continue to impress me. BUT, it's really frustrating for those of us who stand by our Macs to keep having problems, or have to go use a pc to do basic things like edit our account information and still be able to login.

For a PC user, ShareASale is about as good as it gets and it probably is for us Mac users too. But it would be nice to see some changes made to help the 17 or so merchants who use "superior" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] machines.

-Joey

No, you are right...I didn't mean by that that it was merchant specific meaning "only that merchant..." ... just wrong terminology..i was just trying to get across the point that the signup form was working, as "breeze" was interpreting this post as a "downtime" for the merchant signup..

here is the story on the MAC and Shareasale.com, I'm glad you posted this actually...

We don't hate the Mac. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It's a little long-winded, but i figure the more detail the better...

A couple of errors are taking place when people use the specific combination of IExplorer (specifically the 5.x series is giving us trouble) on a Mac...

1. Banners, when edited or added, show up as "Private" instead of "Public"

2. When editing account information, the system will occasionally add a " " ( <-- that is a space character ) to the password field...which renders the login impossible. Usually, this error coincides with a "Two-Tier Commission Error"

3. Same thing when going through the sign-up process..regarding the password and the space.

4. Uploading a Logo during the sigup process, if no logo is uploaded, the system tries to upload a logo with the name:

We monitor the error logs and such constantly, and have yet to see a problem in tracking/reporting/linking...which are the core elements of shareasale...

So far, we haven't had reports of the problems occuring with Netscape on the Mac, but if anyone has experienced it on that as well, I would not be overly suprised.

This might not be enough for a lot of you, but believe me I have spent considerable amount of time trying to fix these little bugs...

The bug is somewhere in between the realtion of Cold Fusion, Javascript, and SQL Server. If that sounds like fun to anyone, please let me know and I may have you help out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, this problem is on my list of things to fix, at this point it is just a matter of volume in terms of projects, additions that people have requested/suggested, etc... I will put the full court press on it right now though, and see if I can't get it fixed. I know that you Mac users have been suffering with it for a while.

If you know of any other occasions, while using shareasale.com's account manager, that errors occur, other pages, scripts, etc... I would love to hear it...

As far as supporting MAC affiliates, I don't have any knowledge of errors on the affiliate side... the system runs a little different on that side, not as many scripts/javascripts, etc...

I apologize to anyone who has had trouble using the "superior" machines, I know it is frustrating... if I could magically get some unnamed folks to stop trying to fraud our merchants, I would have a bundle of more time to go after all of your good suggestions and critiques.

ABW Ambassador
    Brian, Thanks for the update. I just finished with the entire merchant registration process in less than an hour!

I have to say things are set up quite nicely in there! I thought it was really a (((breeze))) :cool:

Just waiting for final approval now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again,

Steve

Brian,

quote:
    The bug is somewhere in between the realtion of Cold Fusion, Javascript, and SQL Server. If that sounds like fun to anyone, please let me know and I may have you help out.

That is enough to drive anyone

quote:
    if I could magically get some unnamed folks to stop trying to fraud our merchants, I would have a bundle of more time to go after all of your good suggestions and critiques.

I'll PM you an idea I am working on ... it should launch in the middle of June ... I have 400++ merchants signed up on it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

Thanks Brian

-Joey

ABW Ambassador
    By the way, I just received that email as well.

quote:
    URGENT - Shareasale.com Account Balance Below $0 - No Hits Will Be Sent To Your ...

Silly, I just put all that money in there and it's gone already [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol

Okay... I will only access it from Netscape. :rolleyes: There is no way I will purchase a PC for this account. I am tried and true Mac addict. They are much faster and easier to use than Bill Gate's glorified word processor. PC's are fine for administration but not for integration in the visual arts.

Besides I would be affraid the PC would put viruses into my system! :eek:

But back to topic:

Perhaps you should put together a team in a profit sharing venture to help rewrite your code???

I know ITs are easy to find. I know A LOT that I could ask to send you resumes. Being a freelance site - I try and help connect freelancers with work.

But again, this thread could go many places - back to the original problem:

My account does not work! This was not explained to me and should be in strong text on your homepage. I want my deposit back.

ABW Ambassador
    Well my program is now live and everything is running fine. I already have a few affiliates in just the first hour

Kudos to Shareasale! Thanks Brian

ABW Ambassador
    Breeze,
    Way to go...I was a little worried when I first read this thread, but now that it has been explained, it makes sense. I was recently told by an ABW member that my site was down. I checked everything I could and there was no sign of downtime. Turns out the user was using IE on a MAC also. I'm glad this worked out for the best for everyone

My account has been accessable the last few days now but the banners are still all duplicated.

Can you please tell me either how you are going to be able to support me or when I can expect my deposit back. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I would like to be able to say "I'm glad this worked out for the best for everyone" but it hasn't for the thread starter yet.

If you would like to take this off the forums - thats fine. Please remain in contact via e-mail with some status.

Thank you,

an unhappy merchant/customer

ABW Ambassador
    My mistake...I thought it had worked out for you as well. I thought it was an issue with IE and mac, and you said you would use netscape. My fault :rolleyes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast