Hello Brian,

We recently joined ShareaSale as a merchant, and I have a couple of questions. I did email you but I'm guessing you must be very busy, and it seems that this board does get your attention.

1) Is there a problem within the Affiliate management page? When I page through my affiliates, there are some that are missing. As I approve new affiliates I would expect to see them on the approved list, but they are not there. This is causing some difficulty as I want to send new affiliates an "approved" email but I cannot access their record.

2) Unless I am missing it, I feel that the reporting for merchants is lacking in some areas. For example -- I am unable to get a quick snapshot of how many clicks I have received for x period of time, and what sites are sending them. I feel somewhat in the dark as I wonder about 'today's traffic' for example. I have to go into each 'detail' for each affiliate to see how many clicks they have sent over. I also cannot view impressions versus clicks by banner/link type.

Am I missing something, and if not, do you plan to expand the merchant reporting?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Amy, Welcome aboard to ABW. You brought up some good points, and I'm looking at shareasale for our own affiliate program. I'm anxious to see the response.

I'm so glad to know about your company! I've been looking for a merchant that specializes in cat products (most pet companies online - at least the ones who do affiliates - seem to specialize in dogs. While nearly everyone who visits my site loves all animals, many of them favor cats [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ). Just so you know, I applied not long after I saw your post and the approval is now showing up when I log in. So even if my site (All Spirit Fitness) hasn't shown up on your list, you can know that it's gone through and I'm grabbing a link right now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Im a little short on time at this moment, but want to answer at least #1, ill get back to your second question later today, it will take a little more of an explanation..

soooo....1) the affiliate management page is broken up into three sections...

active affiliate
    those pending approval
    declined

make sure to check the pending approval box, if your account is set NOT to auto-approve.

It also lists only 25 affiliates at a time...so if you have more than that you may need to scroll down...

Easiest way, is to sort the list by the Date Applied, which i believe is the first column, and therefore the newest applications show up on the top...

If you still have problems with it...email me directly (brian@shareasale.com) with the details on the affiliate you think is missing, and Ill check in your account...

Sorry that I have to run, but Ill get back to your other question...and i want to give it full attention...

Hi Brian

Thanks for your prompt response. I logged in and looked at the affiliate list and it now does appear that they are all there. I swear they weren't all there yesterday, or perhaps I am just losing it!

I'll watch for your additional answers.

Thanks again!

Hello Brian,

I was wondering when I could expect an answer on the questions posed in this thread?

Thank you

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    OK, im back...

On the affiliate statistics...

There are 3 different reporting areas...

The link "Summary Report" will give you a snapshot of activity in the account for a specific time period. You are correct that hits are not reported...i will have that added in....right now what you see is the amount of actual sales or leads recorded, the max/min/avg. commission and the total commissions earned during that time period broken down by affiliate.

The transaction detail, which is the line-by-line detail of each transaction, including referrer information, ip address, individual merchant tracking, date, time, etc...
    This report is also available for csv download

Affiliate management, as you mentioned, also has statistics on the amount of sales per month and total, as well as total hits per month, and overall. Each affiliate (scroll all the way down to the bottom) has a report similar to the Transaction Detail for transactions only specific to their account.

I agree with you that hits for a day or other specific time period would be helpfull... I will have it worked in as I said, but it will probably be something of a quick snapshot, such as Today or the Last 2 Days, etc...

Impressions are not an available stat at this time...

We are revamping a lot of the ways that stats are reported, I would look for these changes within the next week to 2 weeks, as we add them in one by one and test them before they all go live on our system. If you have any specific questions about any of this, please let me know....

Although it is soon to be removed, the Affiliate Newsletter link will show you a long list of your affiliates, and how many hits they have delivered...Im not sure why it is reported over there, which is why i say it is going away, but in the meantime....

Hi Brian

Thanks for answering. I will watch for the additions you mention -- I think they are important.

Impressions are not tracked? Why is that? Makes it kind of impossible to tell which banners and links perform best and which are dogs.

Also, the means for browsing affiliates is quite cumbersome. How about, in addition to having the 'search' function (which is hard to get an actual match on), why not have a line of 'letter' links on top A- B - C etc, which would display affiliates with those letters. I find it tough to manage the affiliate list -- maybe it's just me. :-)

Hello Brian,

Just following up on your June comment,

quote:
    We are revamping a lot of the ways that stats are reported, I would look for these changes within the next week to 2 weeks, as we add them in one by one and test them before they all go live on our system. If you have any specific questions about any of this, please let me know....

Any progress on this?

Also, I have another question. I would like to be able to provide affiliates bonus percentages when they generate a sale of certain items on our website (not not all items). Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks

Bump....any chance of ever getting an answer to the last question in this thread??

Just joined CatsPlay.com Cat Furniture at shareasale... Can you approve me? :0)

Jason
    http://www.freebiesforever.com

Hi Jason,

You are approved!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread