Brian,

I asked this about 5 or more days ago in another thread, and still have no answer. I am going to ask it again here, as well as a new question/problem.

1) I would like to be able to provide affiliates bonus percentages when they generate a sale of certain items on our website (not not all items). Is this possible and if so, how?

2) Once I upload products to the product database, how can I delete them. We have some products we no longer carry, but I noticed that a new affiliate is using that product creative. When we had discontinued the products, I had gone into the product database and marked them CANCELLED. Apparently that doesn't prevent anyone from using them. The product database seems fairly rudimentary and manual. I would like to know how to delete from it.

Welcome CatsPlay.com Cat Furniture to abestweb and shareasale. Shareasale.com is at a computer seminar at the moment that's why you haven't heard anything. Anyway I'm a merchant at shareasale.com too so maybe I can answer your questions.

1 I would like to be able to provide affiliates bonus percentages when they generate a sale of certain items on our website (not not all items). Is this possible and if so, how?

Answer: You may offer your affiliates manual transactions( a certain amount of $) though shareasale.com to offer bonuses for good traffic. I use this all the time :0). However shareasale does take 30% of the transactions so be careful. This feature can be found at "Post Manual Transaction"

2. Once I upload products to the product database, how can I delete them. We have some products we no longer carry, but I noticed that a new affiliate is using that product creative. When we had discontinued the products, I had gone into the product database and marked them CANCELLED. Apparently that doesn't prevent anyone from using them. The product database seems fairly rudimentary and manual. I would like to know how to delete from it.

Answer: Product links, banners, text links may not be deleted, but can be edited with new products, banners and textlinks. I think this is so we merchants don't cheat the affiliate. Anyway If I were you I would email your affiliates and let them know of the products cancelled and tell them they won't get commission for those products as they are sold out. Please update your links. We apologize for the inconvience. You also should give an email address for questions, so affiliates believe your honest and can contact you. Anyway If you have any other questions you can chat with me via AOL instant Messanger if you have it. or Live person live help at freebiesforever.com

My aol instant messanger screen name is "ssn jason" I am going to be getting offline for an hour or so to get some lunch.:0)

Jason
    http://www.freebiesforever.com (pay per lead shareasale merchant)

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Well, I am back, and just clarifying...

Yes, you can post a "reward" or bonus in the method that was described, using the "Post a Manual Transaction" feature. However...the rate on this is still the standard 20% and not the 30% that was stated. Remember also please that accordance with the rules and regulations is extremely important not only just because they are the rules, but also to the survival of any affiliate network. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] So, please make sure to read the agreement. In this case, I am referring to the fact that any payment given to an affiliate, must be done through shareasale.com (either with normal transactions or manual transactions) ...

Im not saying this because I think anyone would try to skip around it, but just as a friendly reminder.

Ok, other topic, the product links...yes, it might seem a little confusing, but deleting a product, or a banner, is actually not allowed. This would make more sense probably if you were me, but Ill explain a little bit of a workaround...Instead of deleting it, you can replace it with another existing product (duplicates are ok), or a new product. Listing it as "Out of Stock" merely discourages new affiliates from using the link.

Remember, when a visitor links in using a product link, it is just like any other link in terms of the commissions...if the visitor orders a different product, it will still generate a commission. The product links are just a way to link to a whole lot of different pages, with specific product information in the link, etc...

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread