We have our affiliate program through shareasale and just changed our shopping cart so we could pay % rather than flat fee. Should I change the program or leave as an option for each affiliatte.
    Also, how often, is to often to communicate with affiliates, as long as communication is relevant?
    Finally, is there anything merchants can do, besides give away money, to help the affiliates suceed.

Thank you,

Hi Craig,
    I am one of your affiliate through share-a-sale. First of all, I would say make it an option for your affiliates - flat fee or percentage.
    I would say the best way to keep your affiliates promoting your offer is communication. I for one advertise for 100's of merchants and can't possibly remember to get links for all of them. However, if they email me (say maybe once a week) to let me know of anything new or perhaps some tips from other affiliates that have had a good success rate selling your product, then I will go get the links, put up a new banner, etc.
    Another thing that is very important is to answer emails from your affiliates as soon as possible. There is nothing more frustruating than emailing a merchant and getting no response for days, weeks, or not at all!

Hope that helps some,

Nikki

FREEBIE JEEBIES

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: FREEBIEJEEBIES ]

Craig,

Percentage is king! If I , as an affiliate, sell two units ($40.00) or more I'd rather have the 10% ($4.00) or more than the $2.00! As long as margins and tracking allow such, the worst thing we, affiliates, have to deal with is dud merchants [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Contacting the affiliates ... I'll point you to "SeeyouagainShortcut" - Paul Burke, an over zealous marketer who thought since he owned the list he could barrage the affiliates with tons of mail ... it equated to spam and everyone hated him for it! I suggest you only touch base with affiliates with updates and coupon codes at on a monthly frequency.

Incentives, fresh creative and coupons will do wonders for better numbers.

HTH,

Haiko

Given what Haiko said I will switch to percentage. Any affiliate wanting a flat fee is more then welcome to it. We set up the flat rate because of cart limitations and I want to be fair as possible. I will avoid contact with the exception of new offers or performence suggestions from one of you.

Thank you,

I have set percentage to 10%. I hope this is better.

Thanks,

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Craig,

Make sure whenever you change stuff like this, either in your cart, your program options, etc.. that you test the links and the tracking to make sure that it is still working...

Call me if this didn't make sense, as ill be testing yours pretty soon anyhow...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread