Brian,

During the sign-up process I noticed a link to WebNax Technologies promoting a "Free" solution for those seeking a web site (This is the link you have posted there).

I don't know if you are aware, their program is now about charging $19.95/month - not Free.

After sifting through their tour (they make you go through it), you finally land at a page that says all the great free stuff you get (Free web site, domain name, search engine submit, reporting). Only one problem, to get that stuff - you only have to pay a $19.95 web hosting fee.

It is a little misleading (and time consuming) to say that it is free, when it is not. The interesting thing is that I was signing up for the SMC (Hosting) affiliate program after seeing it posted here.

Fred :confused:

ABW Ambassador
    And as a web host myself, I'm a little unhappy about that being there (and have previously stated my feelings). Nothing like my own clients signing up as affiliates and there is another web host on the sign-up form.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    For the co-branded pages, we have in the past removed that reference for affiliate programs who were in the "web hosting" realm when asked...

however, at this time, it is probably best to have it removed completely, so i have done that.

On the page that is the plain regular vanilla shareasale.com affiliate signup page, we will be removing the current link to webnax, and instead choosing one of the hosting plans that are listed as shareasale.com programs.

Thank you for listening - and acting so quickly.

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    Yes Brian...thanks very much!!!

(Also, check for a PM)

[ 07-25-2002: Message edited by: TH Media ]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread