I am considering using shareasale for one of my clients. Does anyone know how many affiliate they have in their network promoting merchant?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar

Generally, we do not like to post things like this in public forums. The reason for this is not because the numbers are bad...but simply because they are somewhat irrelevant. If you have been on the merchant side of the plate before, you are probably familiar with the fact that the number of affiliates that you have really doesn't have anything to do with the success of the program. I could tell you we have X number of affiliates, but those affiliates come from a wide range of "categories", etc....and the answer really wouldn't help you that much. Plus, I can't force affiliates to sign up for your program, even if I think it is a good fit...Affiliates are provided a lot of freedom in their choices, so if I looked arond and saw 10000 affiliates who matched your content...i still couldn't tell you that i would guarantee even 1 signup....

SO...what i try to tell people instead is that while we are a smaller "network" than some other networks, such as CJ, Linkshare, BeFree ... we provide what I think is an excellent product and tool at a reasonable cost. We try to provide our merchants and affiliates alike as much freedom as possible to make a success out of their businesses, and affiliate programs. We don't have minimums, we don't have a lot of restrictions...and if you run your program with honesty and enthusiasm, you can make it a success on ANY network, big or small. If you do not, your program will likely not work even if you are on the biggest of big networks with 1 Miiiilllion members. (Anybody see the new APowers this weekend?)...

Anyhow, hope that helps. If you require a number, please contact me privately via phone or email.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond personally to my question. I have signed up and I am in the process of finishing up my banners and look forward to doing business with your company.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread