I sent this merchant 500 clicks but not one single lead/sale has arisen. This is very unusual as the traffic I send is very targetted, and I have never had any other merchant ever perform this badly.

Starts to make you wonder?

Anyone tried this merchant at ShareaSale?

Regards,

Jim.

I've had the same luck with this merchant. Not a single sale but then again, I haven't had any luck with any merchant at ShareASale.

I'm still plugging away but I am starting to wonder.. especially when I hear another say the same thing.

Janet

This sounds suspicious - particularly as the product on FoodCount is only $14.95.

Where do we go to if we feel the merchant may be fraudulent?

Jim.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey all...

Based on this thread, I ran a compliance test with the merchant, and everything worked fine. We run random and un-announced compliance tests every now and then for merchants, to make sure that code is still placed correctly, etc. and in this case it is all working ok, which is the good news.

Thanks Brian,

Perhaps I will have another go with this merchant. Another strange thing however - I got an email from a merchant (Watkins) to say I was apporved, and yet on the shareasale.com site it says unapproved, and I cannot access the link code...

any thoughts?

quote:
    I got an email from a merchant (Watkins) to say I was apporved, and yet on the shareasale.com site it says unapproved, and I cannot access the link code...

any thoughts?

Jimster,

Some people were having this problem with my program back before I switched to auto-approve.

I think what happens is as soon as you apply with a merchant, (whether you're auto-approved or not) you're sent an email. Some (manually approving) merchants write these as acceptance letters, thinking that people only get them once they're accepted. -But they're really sent to everyone who applies.

My guess would be that this is what's happend to you.

-Joey
    [edited for clarification]

[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: Joey ]

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Joey is right. The letters go out automatically upon applications. Merchants sometimes switch from auto-approve to manual approve. Thus, the letters are often not quite what they should be, i.e., indicating approval when they really aren't. We have told merchants about this when discovered, so if you know of any other ones that are bothering you with the incorrect emails, let me know and I can try to get them fixed....

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread