We manufacture [ really, we r&d'ed it too ] a unique chemical-free DRY carpet cleaning product. We also provide services and are expanding as a franchisor and also through an athorized agent network program.

but, back to our small but UNIQUELY VALUABLE household product assortment. WILL IT WORK FOR SAS AFFILIATES??

PS. The product is supported by radio in select markets [ Los Angeles, San Diego ].

http://www.drycarpet.com

As I already tried to explain on the earlier CJ thread you opened on the same topic, it may well work, but not with the site you've got now!

You need to set up a completely separate, hermetically sealed site that just SELLS YOUR PRODUCT. Your current site does lots and lots of things, only a few of which would ever be commissionable, e.g. introducing franchise possibilities, letting people find their local reseller, etc.

Basically, take the "Shopping" section of your site and park it somewhere else. Get rid of the constant reference to your 1-800 number (unless you're going to track phone sales and attribute them back to affiliates in some way). On this second site, there should be no way for visitors to ever click away from the site and get "lost" somewhere that they can't earn $$$ from.

ABW Ambassador
    Between the terms carpet cleaning and carpet cleaner there are approximately 24,000 searches per month according to Overture. That's just one search engine so I believe that, yes, affiliates could probably sell your product.

Mike

Don't Worry Mama, It Won't Get Freaky!

thank you edwin and thank you mike.

Edwin, our Miva cart will work better is what i understand form you.

Mike, thank you for your reply also. Our ranking is pretty high in google, aol and yahoo. 1800drycarpet.com is listed #1 in yahoo, #2 in google and aol with the keys; carpet cleaning. I'll reapply with cj when we deploy Miva in a few weeks - we're working on that now.

Mike, where do you recommend that i go to meet affiliates?

REALY NICE HELP ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD! THANKS AGAIN!

ABW Ambassador
    Where do you go to meet affiliates?

Pal, you have come to THE place to meet affiliates. Follow the advice given by the many pro's here and you will need extra help keeping up w/ orders.

Mike

don't threaten me mike [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] btw, what category on this board should i be in to specifically meet affiliates? we're ready, with respect to coding and e-comm, to handle % affiliates!

but, i know that most of our systems are in place but i want everthing to be ready/perfect so that affils have confidence in us!

http://www.drycarpet.com/people.htm
    The picture 'won't' help - well, maybe a little [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    First thing. Get a shopping specific site up. Let us tear it apart and tweak it to to death. If you are new to web design you may need some help and people here will guide you.

Second. Get with Haiko, the owner of this board. He can give you exactly hows and what fors as to getting your program announced.

As far as meeting affiliates, you are with every post. Keep posting in other categories. As you learn more you will be able to contribute more but right now you have opinions as to what you like and don't like. In other words, let US get to know you.

I know that some of this sounds vague but it truly is the best way to meet people here.

Mike

mike, where in ok are you?

Thousands of happy users

ABW Ambassador
    Oklahoma City in a suburb called Yukon.

I returned Haiko’s call that he made on Monday 2x’s [ pls fwd this thread to him if you’d be so kind ]. We're still trying to connect via telephone.

Shopping specific site: Yes, my programmer is working on Miva as we speak. And, I DO want the groups help with regard to tweaking. Guidance will be very helpful in many regards.

drycarpet.com has a ubb [ not as busy as this one though ] - things are not vague on my end. We're teckie at drycarpet and we're able to ramp-up and pretty quickly. REF: http://www.drycarpet.com/people-skingery.htm

Greg

Thousands of happy users

Ok, here's my strongest piece of advice (and it goes hand in hand with what I posted earlier)

Don't do it QUICK, do it RIGHT!

There are (literally) tens of thousands of affiliate programs for affiliates to choose from. Via ABW, you're getting a chance at speaking to an audience that includes some incredibly effective affiliates who really PRODUCE for merchants.

So don't open your affiliate program until you've gone at least 3-4 times round the iterative loop:-

1) Build the affiliate sales site
    2) Solicit feedback (wear asbestos boots the first time, thick socks the second time...)
    3) LISTEN and MAKE CHANGES
    4) Go back to 2) and repeat until 2) adds virtually nothing new
    5) Launch your now-EFFECTIVE affiliate program

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Time to take a look at this site. (Get on your Kevlar suit!)

The first thing I hear is Flash. That's right, "hear!" The latest version of Flash causes the most annoying buzz to emit from my speakers--I get it with every site that has it.

Basically, I second what Edwin said about having a real dedicated shopping site. Real buyers DO NOT CARE about the chemistry (and they certainly won't want to see an interview with the chemist, sorry!) or an "in depth analysis" of anything. They want to know this: Will it work and is it worth what you're charging! Period! Throw in a warranty (which helps answer the "will it work") and you've also answered the question of what happens if they're not satisfied. It's hard to imagine anyone not being satisfied when it's YOUR PRODUCT--but the customers will be wondering what happens in that case, because to a new customer the product is an unknown (and it will stay an unknown until they actually try it, no matter what you say on the site).

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

ABW Ambassador
    I concur with the others on this board. If you really want to have the most screamingly successful program on the net, then create a separate site just for the affiliate channel. Tune the site for affiliate channel, and see how well the affiliates can put steam into the product. Keep your other channels around (you don't want to be dependent on one marketing method). But gear your affiliate channel to making sales and paying affiliates.

When I market a product, I usually have different domains for different channels. Domains are cheap ($12 a pop). This gives me better leaway for optimizing the site for the channel.

I know, I know, most online stores don't do this...but there is nothing wrong with raising the bar.

Missoula - Short Stories

Dear Edwin, Mark, Leader and yintercept:

I just sent my programmer [ http://www.drycarpet.com/people-skingery.htm ] an email and gave him this link. I also told him about Edwin [ i cc'd: you Edwin ] and the great advise the I’ve received here over the last 2 days. My programer Christian Kingery and speak eye-to-eye on a daily basis. CK does our back end stuff - he's not responsible for the drycarpet site.

I will make sure that Miva is set up properly [ we've been using ShopSite for 4 years ]. Your wonderful and helpful advice will not have been waisted.

very kindly,
    greg

Thousands of happy users

(I'm not sure what you meant when you said you'd CCd me since I haven't received anything...)

Off that list of names, your best bet is clean-carpet.com for the affiliate site, I think.

The names with your phone number in it are out of contention for obvious reasons (always try to think from an affiliate perspective and remember that one of the worst enemies is TRAFFIC LEAKS)

The other names don't send the right message to the average, 5-second-attention-span-at-most consumer, since they'll think "Yeah, but my carpet isn't wet, it's dirty... why would I need to talk to the folks at DryCarpets.com?"

But everyone with a dirty carpet (no matter why it's dirty) needs/wants a clean carpet -> clean-carpet.com

I've already picked up a couple of domains on the off-chance you really do produce an outstanding affiliate site and service (that's not meant to slight your INTENTIONS, I'm just basing my slight pessimism on many previous experiences...) Anyway, if their use is warranted, I now have Carpet-Stain.com and Carpet-Stains.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Greg,

I was looking through here, but hadn't seen your name in the merchant signup at shareasale.com? If and when you get to that point in terms of setting up the affiliate tracking, etc... just give me an email if you end up needing help, etc... brian@shareasale.com

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

hi brian, we're currently working on our site and setting up a Miva store that will geared for affiliates. When it is up we hope to be critiqued until we get it perfect.

right now we're having our site reviewed on this forum; http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...511#9216045511

our site [ is thankfully ] being ripped apart, piece-by-piece, and we're trying to keep up with Edwin from Tokyo!

we're taking it slow, we're gonna do miva right before i re-contact Haiko and the group.

you are welcome to come over to http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...511#9216045511 and help us tweek things at drycarpet.

kindly,
    greg

Thousands of happy users

I want the limited $150 set up fee when we're done though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thousands of happy users

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread