ABW Ambassador
    I get a 20 cent commission from a merchant who pays 20%, and does not sell anything for one dollar.

Can somebody please help me to understand this math problem?

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

ABW Ambassador
    I think I have that same merchant... if it IS the same merchant and you wait 7-10 days, you should see that transaction voided and another one (with dollars that make a lot more sense) in it's place.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Maybe they bought two items at 50 cents apiece, hehe, j/k. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, it is about time that Shareasale stopped allowing merchants to do this. I have 3 or 4 merchants who do a similar thing, except that the real sales either show up 6 weeks later or seem to get mysteriously forgotten about.

C'mon Brian, I've asked about this before.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

If you take away this ability you take away a lot of flexability that many of you have unknowningly come to enjoy.

I could let Haiko explain how he does his program because I think he make use of this method. See first someone signs up at abw as a new member and they trigger a lead and that lead is probably set to zero. Haiko then has a criteria for participation and when it's met he changes the lead amount.

There is no way that I am aware to automatically track a persons activity and then trigger a cookie lead so this is the only method I can think of to do it that way.

I'm not certain that this is what or how Haiko does it but I believe he does.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
    - Thomas Jefferson

ABW Ambassador
    OK, point taken with regard to leads programs. Makes sense.

The merchants I am referring to, however, sell real tangible stuff. I want to see the sale and the real commission amount at the time it was ordered. If it gets reversed later, then so be it.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Heyder,

The way I had it set up before, on the old board was once a registration was confirmed, the lead got credited, this of course was ineffective as I had many (about 500) sign up with a bogus email and I would have to manually go through the transaction logs and compare that to real registrations ... a real PITA! So much so that I actually let it go because I knew I was upgrading. under the new system I track the new registrations and compare it to the source and use the qualifier to manually credit the lead transactions. The ones who have PPC deal still get the PPC leads because I know their traffic works and I credit the lead portion afterward.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

quote:
    Originally posted by markymark:
    OK, point taken with regard to leads programs. Makes sense.

The merchants I am referring to, however, sell real tangible stuff. I want to see the sale and the real commission amount at the time it was ordered. If it gets reversed later, then so be it.

http://www.1design4life.co.uk - 1 Design 4 Life

markymark,

I am not familiar with this specific merchant ... all the ones I deal with immediately credit me for the sale and if need be, reverse it.

I have to agree that any pay per sale merchant should do the same, as SaS offerers merchants a wide array of tools for reporting and reversing.

It appears that this particular merchant might be batching sales, and compares that log file to actual sales reports ... but I'm just guessing.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Well perhaps Brian can provide some help here.

Frank Bee/Costume Man is reporting sales as $1.00 sale/20 cent commission.

If these sale amounts are legit, I would sure appreciate it if somebody could direct me to the $1.00 costumes page. I need a few for my kids.

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    quote:
    If you take away this ability you take away a lot of flexability that many of you have unknowningly come to enjoy.

quote:
    C'mon Brian, I've asked about this before.

quote:

Unfortunately, everybody is right.

We have been allowing this for some merchants to whom we have discussed the issues of timing/etc.., because it allows for flexibility where there would otherwise be none.

When talking specifically about Frank Bee stores, they utilize a type of shopping cart which shall go unnamed but they have essentially banned all other affiliate software with the exception of one that will also go unnamed, due to a joint marketing adventure.

So... instead of not allowing the merchant to participate, we have a two step process where the sales are somewhat batched, and added in at a later date. The transaction shows up as a placeholder in your account as a $1 sale, which means a 20 cent cmomission due to the 20% of that account... We notify the merchant which exact sale it was, and it is also listed in their register (not visible in yours) .. the merchant then modifies the transaction to include the correct amount.

I have hounded all merchants that are doing this to be very prompt with their postings, and some have done very well (Frank Bee was updating daily until this last week that it looks like went unposted .. i have messages in with them, and expect a resolution very soon... )

There are some other merchants that despite my request have yet to post, and I am working on them... we are also working with several of the merchants that you promote, Markymark, to move them to an automated system because they are part of a different shopping cart system which we have found a band-aid fix to that allows for real-time as opposed to batch processing.

Albeit slow, the transaction posting to my knowledge has always been done. I have watched these accounts, and requested details from the merchants in terms of returns, etc...and eventually all transactions get posted that would not have been just voided for returns, cc, etc...

I hope this helps ease confusion and worry, We don't allow just any merchant to do this... we always speak with them first, and explain the situation and there is a very small list of merchants doing this compared with the overall total of merchants...

Any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Just spoke with Frank Bee Costumes...

sales should be updated tomorrow...they are normally an every day updater, but the employee who does the updating has been out sick and is expected back tomorrow...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread