I decide I should look at options in some of the smaller networks - so went to SAS.

Now, let me emphasise - I probably will join anyway, but I'll never look at it again for the first time (if you see what I mean) so I'm passing this on before I forget:

1) Pay Per Click and Pay Per Lead catch the eye - not many people doing that these days. But when you take a closer look: Infinite-Links pay "$7 for every Premium member referred". That's NOT pay per lead! Freebiesforever.com claims to pay $5 sale commission - but they don't pay it when the customer buys the $20 membership, they only pay it when they ALSO make another purchase. That's paying $5 for TWO sequential sales.

I could go on, but my (I emphasise again) personal impression was that there were a lot of merchants here who were really trying to take advantage. That makes me wonder how easy it will be to find the good uns.

2) Lots of typos. If a merchant can't even spell their own name correctly, what chance is there they'll get anything else right. If they can't spell "paid" will they be able to cut the check?

Maybe I'm a snob - it's clear there are a lot of people who like this network, and I expect I'll find something in there to use. But the stuff above isn't a good incentive to join - I'd be tempted to showcase a few selected merchants with carefully chosen copy, list the rest by name to show the breadth, and make the new affiliate at home before they see some of the stuff merchants churn out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stewart Hutton | Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    I have to agree with your first impressions, Mr, uh, CrazyGuy but the bottom line is they've got some merchants here that sell lots of stuff, they pay on time, they aren't tainted with the smell of parasiteware and I like them. So there.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    Yes your first impressions are reasonable. Being a small/new network, they don't have much of a merchant pool to choose from. But there are a few gems there, so pick and choose and try. The fact that SAS is not tainted by parasites should be enough of a motive to give it a go.

Brian Littleton once offered to pay me out of his pocket for commissions from a merchant who not only cheated affiliates, but cheated him as well.

Hell, we've got merchants with THEIR OWN FORUMS right here at ABW, who DID derive profits from the cheats, who can't show that much decency.

Brian Littleton stands head and shoulders above all the rest, in a class by himself. I hope that he stands to benefit greatly from the current course of events.

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I'm going to have an affiliate program in there within the next few days.....and I'll guarantee you, I'll be parasite free, lololol.

If you try to please everybody, someone won't like it -Rumsfeld

ABW Ambassador
    From both a merchant and affiliate perspective, Brian runs a good ship over there. When we first set up our affiliate program, he went out of his way, and has been great ever since. Since they are a fairly new network, I would expect to see some of those merchants you mention to fall near the wayside (here's hoping [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) I just think that Brian needs time to build the network for both merchants and affiliates

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Quote: 1) Pay Per Click and Pay Per Lead catch the eye - not many people doing that these days. But when you take a closer look: Infinite-Links pay "$7 for every Premium member referred". That's NOT pay per lead! Freebiesforever.com claims to pay $5 sale commission - but they don't pay it when the customer buys the $20 membership, they only pay it when they ALSO make another purchase. That's paying $5 for TWO sequential sales.

- Hello, Basically we thought that was not ideal or fair to affiliates so we have changed our commission. so basically we pay per click to freebiesforever.com. the $5 per lead wasn't working. so we have actually removed that from our affiliate program. I have been a fair merchant at shareasale.com for a while and communicate with my affiliates quite a bit. if they have any problems they email me and I do my best to answer them. It's hard though with freebie sites it seems like the best way to actually pay is per click. I actually increase commissions based on quality traffic and have payed generously in the past for a lead which was once defined as navigating though freebiesforever.com, Basically some of the shareasale merchants that pay per lead have converted well. in the past or right now. Anyway CrazyGuy if you have any questions about my affiliate program at shareasale feel free to email me at jasonco1@quixnet.net.

Thanks,

Jason

freebiesforever.com

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    CrazyGuy,

First of all, thank you much for your first impressions, we love to get feedback like that, and I appreciate you taking the time to write it.

They are all very good an valid points... we get a lot of feedback, and a lot of suggestions from affiliates and merchants alike, and we will continue to implement them as we can, to try to improve the network... one small problem with that plan of course is that they sometimes contradict.

Just for a brief example... Merchants love flexibility...controlling their own descriptions for example, spelling mistakes and all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ... affiliates don't like it as much because they (the merchants) sometimes go a little overboard on them and crowd the description pages... not an excuse on my part, or downplaying your critique, just showing you the other side of the ship on one small issue.

Improvements are always coming though, and I thank you again for your feedback.... Keep it coming if you wish, and your voices will be heard.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian, I love Shareasale! You guys are by far the best!

Best Regards,
    C. Pavlovski - Owner
    Site: http://www.gekkonetworks.com
    Email: cpavlovski@gekkonetworks.com

ABW Ambassador
    I just started putting resonable effort into promoting a few Shareasale merchants (due to 'mysterious' decline in sales from major networks and merchants)

I made more with ONE MERCHANT in THREE DAYS, from a popunder on only 3 pages of my site, than I made for the ENTIRE MONTH from over 100 CJ merchants who are featured on over 100 pages of my site.

Must have something to do with the simple fact that TRACKING IS NOT AFFECTED by any fourth party. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hats off to ShareASale.

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

I also have to give a thumbs up to SAS. I joined quite awile ago and didn't push them all that much. I'm just starting to give them a real chance and so far the results are looking pretty good.

I know I have seen some major improvements in the overall site since I first joined. IMO if everything continues the direction it is going they will become a major player in the Business. Don't get me wrong , for all I know they could be right now. Although they do have some quality merchants right now. I think we will start to see that increase quite a bit in the next few months. At least if I have anything to say about it.

One of the other things I like is they are constantly running compliance tests on merchants. BRAVO!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] A company that knows what affiliates like to see.

IMO, I think we owe it to ourselves to give SAS a good plug when it comes to talking to merchants. Just imagine all our top performing merchants making home on a Parasite free network> Hmmmmm, I like it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread