ABW Ambassador
    [already tried an email about this]

Brian can you *PWEEEEZE* check my sales vs. commissions for the costume guy. I know it got fixed OK the first time, but it happens again; the 'wrong sale amount' transactions are manually voided, but I'm not getting the commissions credited for all of them.

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    got your message... working on it...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Deelz, I finally got a couple of sales. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Looks like yours should stop anytime now. They are finally going to the right place, lmao! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    They are finally going to the right place, lmao

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. They update manually, so don't be surprised if they credit yours to Cedric too. I think they really like him a lot. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

Lol, Your right! We have to keep an eye on him, lmao! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, they didn't let me keep them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Crankin' Deelz,

Ok, here is the scoop... everything is ok with your account in this case... the discrepancy is due to two duplicate transactions...

two sets of these.... basically, there were two .20 markers for identical sales... (this happens, not a lot mind you..but it does...)

Here are the two sets, for your reference...

trans:
    are the same, and credited with

trans
    same...
    credited with 1982385

sorry for the confusion....

(see earlier imaginary thread on my disdain for a certain kind of shopping store)

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

by the way, yes we do see a lot more information about the order and commission/transaction than you do in your affiliate account (for privacy and security reasons in terms of the merchant)... which enables us to help in these matter, i.e., identify duplicates, etc... where it may otherwise seem that not enough information is there... just fyi.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian, I just looked and it is showing the costume guy is offline. Any feedback on this before I start pulling all the links. Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Packy, they're showing online in mine -- maybe a temporary glitch?

Does SAS require a minimum deposit by merchants? Because, um, if they do, there was a sale that was credited to me where they got the decimal point in the waaaaaaay wrong place, lol. That has since been voided. Maybe they were "offline" during the time period that sale was live?

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Just checked my links and all is ok now. Must of just been a glich. All good to go now! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

yeah, they were posting sales, and accidentally posted a few with a missing decimal...hence their balance got just a little low [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] and they wen't offline, but i contacted them when i saw it and we resolved it... all ok now.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    OK thanks for following up, Brian.

THere is still one sale from 9/29 that they missed on todays update.

I wont even ask about the $5,000+ reversal [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

yeah, sorry to the 3 or so folks who got that $5998 sale voided... as you might have guessed, it was supposed to be 59.98, but the person typing it in didn't notice until later...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian, I noticed 3 sales came in yesterday and 2 the day before. It was explain to me that the .20 cents act as a marker until the actual sale is posted which is fine. Yesterday, the 2 sales that were markers were reversed as should of been and the real sales and commissions were posted.

Now, the other 3 sales that came in yesterday were the same way. All 3 were for the .20 cents which is the marker. But today only one of the sales was changed to the real amt. The other 2 still have just .20 cents.

I guess what I am getting to, is there a certain way or time period as to when the actual sales are posted? Do you know if it is when the merchandise is actually shipped? I'm just curious and trying to figure out a pattern.

Thanks Brian. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Here it goes again Brian.

Perhaps you could ask them to count how many 'marker' transactions they voided, then count how many commissions they credited, then compare to see if the two figures match.

Do we all need to go through this every 2 or 3 days?

Just because my domain is open to the public, does not make its contents public domain! ~ Ice

I am actually working on a system right now for them to "Edit" the marker transactions instead of a "Void/Manual Enter".... should make this a lot clearer for everyone.

arrrrgh y*hoo store. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    hehe thanks Brian.

I don't fault Shareasale fo any of this at all; I can't help but wonder if perhaps whoever does the FB manual updates may be sampling goods from the Shamanshop [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Just because my domain is open to the public, does not make its contents public domain! ~ Ice

Ok...here is the scoop...

She is finishing the input of the commissions that were on the marker-voidmarker-inputnew system...

I have put together a much smoother "marker-editmarker" system for her, which should make this all a whole lot easier to understand ...

Note: If in the future you notice two markers really close to each other in time, and one is then credited with a sale amount, and the other isn't....it is most likely a duplicate "refresher" that beats our duplicate killing system.... but if you ever have questions anyhow, just let me know.

this message may not have made sense, too much programming for a friday.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian,

Great and thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Now while we are all still here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] What would be really nice is if you could talk them in to some banners and product links. They would rock. I have soooooo many pages that I would like to send my traffic to on their sites that I know would kick butt convertion wise but unfortunately only one banner link and 2 text links all leading to the same page. Just thought I would throw that in just in case you were bored on a Friday evening. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Have a good weekend!

Hi, I was just wondering when the merchants normally update the sales. The thing is that I am running some campaigns right now and it is hard to tell if it is paying off or not. I think it has been close to a week since we have had an update on the transactions for the costume man. I'm not trying to push anyone. It would just give me an idea as to where I stand. Thanks for any help. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hey all,

i spoke with them a couple of times this past weekend working on a different issue... in regards to posting the sales, they told me it is just a case of being extremely busy right now, thanks in large part to all of you generating so many orders...and also because of the fact that it is October, which is of course the busiest time of all for a costume store... there isn't anything to worry about with them, all the records are in place and they are in very good standing with us...it may just take a little patience until the hectic halloween season ends...until then the updating may be a little sporadic...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian,

First off thanks for posting and letting us know about the good standing.

quote:
    I spoke with them a couple of times this past weekend working on a different issue

Please tell me one of the issues was more links, product links and an assortment of landing pages. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] That would be awesome!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] actually no it wasn't... but i talk with them quite a bit as they are more of an established storefront business entering into the newer online model...as opposed to the other way around...so they have lots of questions. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ... i can forward your requests...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian,

When you do talk to them what would be nice is maybe a 120x60 banner and a 468x60 banner. If you take a look at the banner they have now you will get my point I am sure. It's a big one! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The other suggestion I have would be for them to give us different landing page text links. Right now they have one where we can put in the text that we want which is great. What would be nice is if we could get the same link but have it go to all the different catagories instead of the main page. An example would be to have a text link that goes to baby's costumes, one that goes to masks, one that goes to adult costumes and so on. It might be too late for the Halloween season but another season is fast aproaching. JMO and thanks again. BTW-sales are rocking today. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread