Brian,

The subject says it all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] We are still waiting for an update from the costume guy on sales. Things have slowed down for the season. I talked to several other affiliates and we are all going crazy to see how we made out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Any chance you can maybe give them a nudge. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I think it's been about 25 days now. Thanks Brian! Cheers!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Packy, you're probably rich, and you don't even know it yet! Kinda like carrying around a lottery ticket in your pocket....

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Lol Elbow,

That kind of stuff just don't happen to me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Wishful thinking though, Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Brian,

I hope your around to help out Frank Bee's. They have started doing a few of the transactions. So far yesterday they looked at 2 sales and both were taken away, reason given Voided - Canceled Order.

So far today they have looked at 3 and voided them for Fraudulaent Order. I sure hope they aren't gonna just go down the line and wipe out the 100 + sales I've had! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

FWIW,

The sales that were reversed today were most likely duplicates! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] They did leave one of them so I'll have to wait and see what happens to it.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    yes they have started posting the sales from all the halloween/october orders...we'll watch to see how it goes, and any questions or concerns please email me details so that i can check it out...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    Something for the FB folks to note before they claim that every order generated by an affiliate was canceled:

Those of us who produced *many* sales for you this Halloween season had stumbled across your program at the last minute, when it was far too late to prepare pages for the SE's, etc. Next year most of us can probably produce ten times as many orders (and this is a CONSERVATIVE estimate), as we will be able to prepare many more pages and submit them to the SE's in time.

That is, if we think we will get paid for our efforts! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Deelz, I take it your seeing the same results as me??? Lots of canceled orders. Ummm, wanna buy a good domain name Deelz??? Might be for sale! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I normally don't deel with merchants that take more than a week or so to update stats. Now I remember why. It's too hard to guess on how to advertise. Hopefully I won't end up loosing money with this one by the time all is said and done!

ABW Ambassador
    Well, fortunately I (as well as everybody else) have a choice of no fewer than 6 other costume merchants to promote. Four of whom I used this year, without any of the "disappearing orders" hocus-pocus.

So it is up to FB to substantiate their claims if they want us to choose to promote them *next year*.

Don't they know that we all know each other, and that word of such things gets 'round quick? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Update requested [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] how are your sales looking coming through the last couple of days... cancellation/sale ratios, etc...ill take a look myself, but wanted to get a feel from you guys on how it was looking....

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Hi Brian,

Looks like they are updating a few days at a time each day. Right now they are up to the 16th of October. Stats so far that they updated from Oct 5th - 16th are;

Cancelled Sales ---- 13

Fraud Sales -------- 5

Duplicate sales ---- 1

Good Sales --------- 26

So far thats 26 good sales and 19 reversals for various reasons. Still not too pretty. I can see where 6 reversals were dupes or frauds. At the same times. I've talked with several of the others and its the Cancelled sales that have us curious. Maybe if we had an idea as to why all the cancelled sales.

Is it that the people placed the orders and then called them to cancel the order? They don't take returns back so it can't be that. Why would so many people order from them and then cancel the order. Is it that the credit card didn't go through? I think you would have to agree Brian that with so many cancellations it definately leaves some questions. JMO of course! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

With sales still coming in almost daily it's tough to decide what to do with them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    In light of the fact that I had many more sales for other merchants than for FB, with *zero* reversals, the sheer volume of "cancelled" orders claimed by FB is simply not to be believed.

Next year if they want to sell a couple hundred costumes they are more than welcome to email me for an advertising rate card. But they can kiss the affiliate links goodbye.

BTW - there are still two sales in my queue that absolutely, positively belong to Cedric (they have Cedric's tracking codes attached) So...
    One must wonder if more of my sales belong to somebody else, and if somebody else has sales that belong to me!

[This message was edited by Crankin'_Deelz on November 07, 2002 at 11:54 PM.]

Actually, Crankin' Deelz, those sales are yours. That isn't the error, the sub-tracking codes attached are my mistake...

Im going to call over there tomorrow and see if I can get an explanation for the cancelled orders.

Im also going to be looking at your click/conversion/and EPC stats... im curious if this was as "bad" as you guys are making it sound as well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

I called over there....apparantly they are busy selling costumes today, so I didn't get a chance to talk to their head AM...will call back later to get an update for you....

i am mainly interested in finding out a little more detail on why the cancelled orders...i.e., what constitutes a cancelled order. I don't have any reason to believe at this point that they aren't an honest business, this doesn't mean that i don't think that their cancellation rate is high...it is, as evidenced in this thread and in your stats...but at this time i am going in the "explanation" route....non accusatory. hope this is good enough for everyone for now.

wow, could i use a spell check on this thing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian,

quote:
    but at this time i am going in the "explanation" route....non accusatory. hope this is good enough for everyone for now.

Just to let you know I personally am not accusing them of anything. Thats all I am asking for is an explaination of why so many cancelled orders.

Ditto to spell check! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I have a 100% cancelled or reversal rate with them - LOL -- Showed 1 sale for the whole month and it vanished.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

ABW Ambassador
    Conversion/EPC etc. are not an issue here.

As I said, I had many more costume sales for other merchants than for FB - with *zero* reversals, etc.

Add to this the fact that FB did not reverse any sales prior to the time that they stopped updating until *after* the holiday had passed, and it smells like fish.

FrankB and I are having trouble catching each other on the phone...As soon as I get them, I will post an answer to the "Cancelled Orders" issue.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Brian,

Thanks for sticking with it. Another thing might be to try and get them to finish the update on the sales. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] It's been awhile since any movement. I'm hoping they continue where they left off on Friday today. Thanks!

Ok, I caught up with head FBee, after much phone tag....and here is the report.

1. Their AM is not in today, but will be tomorrow, and is going to continue the sales updates, they are up to the 20th i believe of october...

2. The cancelled orders. Spoke at length about this, expressed everyones concerns, etc... All of the orders listed as "Cancelled" are items that were ordered on the website that were quite simply out of stock. None of them are returns (as you will note on their site there is no return policy), and FB told me that only about 1 out of 200 orders are even attempted to be returned. (good english by me)

Paraphrasing from FB, the month of October is extremely busy, and unfortunately for everyone involved, some orders cannot be filled, and are thus cancelled. No money, i.e., credit card is charged until the item is shipped.

-------------

3. Stopping the paraphrasing/reporting, and going to my take now, if it counts.

By the way, there is no real Frank Bee (FB), the owner does have a name, i am just protecting his privacy on a public board. He has asked me to tell you that he would welcome the chance to talk with any of his affiliates, and has asked me to pass on his phone number/contact info to anyone who requested it. If anyone wants it, just email me or PM me...I just don't feel like i should post it here....

Ok, my take. First things first, I honestly believe that there isn't anything "fishy" going on in terms of fraud, or cancelling orders that actually were collected and shipped. You don't have to believe me....so I'll just leave that part at that. Every member of ths staff that I have spoken to over there has been professional, up front, and also very excited and thankful to Shareasale and the affiliates (you guys) who have done the work that you have. So, like I said, I have absolutely no reason, or suspicion at all that anything is going on in the "bad" sense of the word.

Ive been in this business quite a while, and Ive seen all kinds of people, met all kinds of people, and I feel that I am at least somewhat qualified in terms of picking out who is "good", and who is "bad". FB, and his staff, are "good" folks. They may not be experts in affiliate marketing, they may not be experts in inventory management [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] ....etc., im not going to argue that right now.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] but they aren't bad people with bad intentions.

Anyhow, that being said.... There is a high "cancellation" rate, which as FB has told me, is directly attributed to items being out of stock during a busy season. I think it is important to note here as well, that they weren't expecting the "push" in sales that were received through their website... You guys did a great job, and FB didn't do as much business through their site before you came along....

So, obviously, your decision to promote them is your own, in the future. I think it would be a mistake to write them off. They have some things to work out of course, and I would like to take on some of the responsibility in "training" their staff to make things work...but their traffic seems to have converted well.

Im not saying that it isn't dissapointing, or saying that it isn't a problem, just that it is an honest one.....I know it is to have cancelled orders and voids, etc... All im saying is that I think their staff is one that can improve...their products sell, and they know they aren't "there" yet in terms of affiliate marketing, but they want to be.

And again, if you would like to speak with them about it, FB has told me that he would be happy to speak with any of his affiliates.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Eeeeks,

Not looking like a good day. Lots of cancelled orders but something new showing up today. Unqualified lead??? I wonder what that might mean? Any thoughts Brian?

Im not sure what that is, but my guess is that it was a mistake, i.e., supposed to be "cancelled order", and they chose the selection right below it instead

??

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread