I'm getting ready to open a new site that is totally non-related to DealHunting and will carry products and be the typical online store.

I have yet to choose a shopping cart system and affiliate program and was hoping to get some opinions from others who have been at this point.

I was seriously thinking about going with Yahoo for the cart/merchant account but with their lack of compatability with ShareASale, I am not sure if that's what is best for me.

I can't get a pricelist for Performics yet, but it appears that ShareASale is the least expensive way to go for affiliate marketing which would really conflict with my plans for a yahoostore.

Any thoughts on this? Are there any other services out there that will let me run my shopping cart and offer merchant/credit card services without costing an arm and a leg?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Maggie Boone
    DealHunting.com

Hey Maggie, Welcome to abestweb. I would go with shareasale.com as they are affordable. also you may want to checkout creativecart.com I'v gotten feedback from others, they seem like a good service.

http://www.freebiesforever.com

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Hello Maggie,

Yes. YES. YES! Is the answer you'll get from us scooter types.

We just wrapped up the whole "searching for an affiliate network" process a few weeks ago, went with shareasale and are extremely happy. We had some issues related to the implementation of flash banners and an 800# tracking system we wanted to put in place and shareasale (Brian in specific) really bent over backwards to take care of us.

Regarding a merchant/credit card service. We went with Cardservice International / Linkpoint. The price was right. We have no complaints.

Can't help you with the shopping cart issue. We use Miva and it integrates with shareasale. We haven't had any problems with it, but I have heard complaints from others who use it.

and Jason... welcome aboard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

Thanks UrbanScooters.com. I look forward to a great revenue-stream soon with your site. :0)

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    DealHunting.com,

Unless my information is dated and, well...wrong...

The only option you have, for an affiliate network, if you choose Yahoo! store is Commission Junction, due to the two companies marketing partnership, etc.

We hope Yahoo! opens up a little on this one someday, but at this time they are not...which is their choice of course. We encourage current or potential Yahoo! Store users to contact their reps to complain. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyhow, other than Yahoo! Store, we haven't found many that are incompatible...some are better than others, but most times it is workable.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I like shareasale, it was an easy, inexpensive alternative for me.

Rather than pay for 2checkout or one of the other top of the line ecommerce systems, I just went with PayPal for now, as a quick, easy, inexpensive way to get up and running. Maybe not the prettiest solution, but practical for me, in that I only pay PayPal when I make a sale, no other costs involved.

After Xmas, I will be looking for a different system, but for now, it serves it's purpose.

-Tom Rice
    www.tarice.com

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread