Hello All,

After a month and a half of research and pondering we've finally chosen to go with the Shareasale affiliate network. The feedback here on ABW and elsewhere made our final decision easy.

If you'd like to join the mad dash for electric scooter holiday cash... you're more than welcome to Check Us Out.

Feedback, comments, suggestions and mad ramblings... are all welcome. On second thought let's keep those mad ramblings to a minimum.

Thanks,

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com

Frank,

Glad to see you up and going.. well it took me a while, but I joined today... lets see some conversions!

Allen Nance

Frank,

On every page your site is screaming "ORDER NOW TOLL FREE". Like that's not enough, you give a incentive for ordering on the phone:
    Promo Code:5454

Good luck finding suckers to link to you.

Um Sambay

You must have missed this from their affiliate info page:

quote:
    At UrbanScooters.com phone orders are your friend! That’s right, you get credit for all phone orders. We have a system designed to track your affiliate ID and present it next to our phone number as a “Promo Code.” All customers are asked to give this "Promo Code" when calling.

Sounds like a great program to me.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    SamBay,

For an example,

http://www.shareasale.com/testurbanscooters.html

Click the banner that is on that page, and you will then see a different number in the promo code for 800# tracking.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

My sincere apologies to Frank and Shareasale. That's actually great to see!

Hello Sambay,

We're relatively new to the world of affiliate marketing and it appears we're trying to do something that deviates from the norm here.

In the brief time I've been an ABW member, it's become clear that 800#'s are taboo. Too many merchants have used them as a tool to cut affiliate commission.

That's truly unfortunate because 800#'s are such a solid conversion tool. I would hope that when an affiliate sees a merchant using an 800# they think, "Hey... that's great. My traffic is really gonna convert here."

We decided to implement an idea I heard about on this board. A system that makes the 800# our affiliates best friend. An 800# that tracks affiliate sales.

Brian at shareasale was good enough to work with us to create such a system and it looks like it's running quite smoothly.

So, I can understand the initial reaction. I'm hoping our conversions speak for themselves in the end.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

Frank,

Great Work!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Great work Frank! Kudos to you and Brian. Here's hoping that you and many ABW'ers make lots of money this Christmas selling scooters.

You willingness to ask affiliates for the opinions and input, and then to implement their suggestions, says a lot. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

that's awesome Frank and Brian for being able to do that. I'm hoping to get some good sales with Urbanscooters soon.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Three Thumbs Up!

GREAT IDEA, GREAT WORK!

To All,

Just to give you an idea about Frank! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I have been in contact with him quite a bit the last week or so about his program. Any questions I have had he has been right on it and all over it. A big thumbs up for that Frank! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What I like the most about Frank is he isn't afraid to ask questions himslf. Which he does. I commend him on that. Not only does he ask good questions to try and improve his program he actualy takes action. Something we don't see enough of. Thanks for being an active AM Frank. Hopefully it will continue in the future. I'm sure it will.

As for the toll free number. It's been tested and works. I'm proof to that. I have some sales and I am hoping to build on the sales that I have. I advise anyone looking for this type of program not to hesitate joining UrbanScooters. JMO of course. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ummm, now how about a raise in comish! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Good Luck with the program Frank!

Well thanks for that gang. I'm speachless. Looks like I've got the S.S.UrbanScooters steared in the right direction. Thanks for blowing a little wind in our sails.

If you've joined our program, please PM me and let me know under what name or URL. I know a bunch of ABW'ers have signed up, but it's hard to tell who is who when the Usernames don't match... or shoot me an email, don't be shy.

Thanks,

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread