ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hi folks. To clarifty a point that I thought was quite clear. A message from a slightly frustrated guy....

1. Yes, we do offer a $100 referral fee for any affiilate who refers a new merchant. There are many people here who can attest to that.

2. No, you cannot refer yourself, and this is clearly stated in the affiliate agreement.

A referral commission is just that. It is not a coupon.

If you do not feel that $150 is within your budget to sign up as a merchant, please simply don't sign up.

Please refrain as well from asking me for a $100 discount just because you aren't being referred by an affiliate. This is just silly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

I understand that it happens sometimes accidentally, and most merchants are honest (which is appreciated) about it. However, recently we have had a few people that felt that the policy was not clear and felt cheated by the commission being reversed.

-Brian Littleton

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Heh, emailed you about reversing mine Brian, I was kinda surprised to see it showed up in the first place. You just about gave my wife a heart attack during the testing period, when my affiliate balance rose to like $800 in a week, she just thought I was a genius! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] .... Hated ta tell her we couldn't keep it, but she was getting her 'shopping eyes', so I broke it too her gently!

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    No worries....I knew about yours, and it is quite common that it happens on error...we tend to err on the side of caution on it, as it is easier to reverse a sale than to have not tracked it in the first place. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] it just so happens that in this case, and i should fix, that for each time you press the "Request to go live" button, a commission is generated if earned.

-Brian Littleton

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Brian

How will this work in the case of ours as they are semi and fully managed clients (VE and BJBP so far), so we're running the accounts and for many paying the bills and then invoicing them for our costs?

Chris Sanderson Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Just contacted your support about this very issue.
    While it easy to see there's an error if you’re the merchant that signed up, I thought I actually made the sales. Since the 'sales' came nearly a month ago I was expecting that money.
    I would suggest that, while it is great that you make sure the referrals are recorded, if you can't stop the commission from being recorded multiple times at least reverse the errors in a timely fashion.
    It came as a little shock when the reversals came today (payday) as the sales all showed different dates and different transaction IDs. I thought I had just had a great week.

Richard White
    AffiliateFirst Directory
    AffiliateFirst Submission Services

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread