Is anyone alive at Shareasale and approving new affiliates? I read here that Brian is on vacation but is there anyone else there.

We signed up on Friday and posted a link that has generated approx 220,000 impressions so far but I am unable to log into shareasale.com to check that the link is getting tracked and to see what clicks (and hopefully sales) we are getting.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/

I know replying to your own posts is the first sign of madness but I guess someone is awake after all.

10 minutes after posting this I got an email informing me my account was approved.

Unfortunately it looks like links are only tracked after an affiliate is approved (my stats currently show 487 impressions) so the lucky SurfProtect program gets 220,000 impressions for free.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

ABW Ambassador
    To the best of my knowledge, it is the merchant that approves you and not shareasale. It could all depend on how you signed up.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Lesson of affiliate marketing # 3 A

Never put up links until approval takes place.
    Saves having to remove them if not approved. Why give free traffic. Other paying approved banners can provide a better cash flow.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Silly me, shareasale.com only shows clicks not impressions so things were getting tracked from before I was approved.

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

The merchant needs to approve you first, If you need any help on shareasale feel free to private message me, I'm a merchant there :0).

Jason
    Santa Cruz, CA 95060

You don't get the ability to get links from a merchant until you have been approved. You can be approved and not get the notification until later. But, by checking merchant status screen regularly after application has been submitted, you may see that you are approved before notification has been sent by email. In other words, if you are able to get links through the normal process, you have been approved and links should be tracking.

Gene
    TCS

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread