First off why do you use such darned small type? I have to increase my text size just to view your site.

Why are so many merchants coming up page not found?

How the heck can I make my own individual product links from the merchant sites? Banners are of no value and the few merchant product links they bothered to make miss the mark by a mile if they are trying to guess what will sale on my site. Finding tons of products but the merchant I just joined ....how the heck am I supposed to promote their site with what they give me to link with?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Hey..
    We are affiliated with Merchants through ShareASale and have also our own program there.

First: "Small Fonts". There are no Small unreadable fonts (if you do not require glasses). Do you use a MAC? I know, that there can be Issues with Font Styles for MAC Users. I can't test it, but it looks okay with any browser on a PC.

Second: you can not generate product links to any merchant yourself, because SaS and none of their Merchants support it.

Third: The SaS Product Catalog is somewhat useless, as it is now. A Lot of Merchants just play with it and do not update it constantly.
    There is no Datafeed for Affiliates.
    The SaS Product Catalog is a pretty new feature, which requires a lot of additional work from Brian to make it work.

In general: I miss a lot of features as Affiliate and as Merchant at SaS. However, SaS has a future as long as they beat the big 3 regarding Pricing for Merchants. I understand, that a small company as SaS has to set priorities.

Most of our SaS Merchants do not perform very well, but we believe, that SaS will do well in the future, if they keep improving themself.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net
    Sign-up for our Affiliate Program
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=2123

If you can't move things, try harder!

Well, can't they at least make product links like pierced body did? That is hard to work with but at least with hard work and diligence, it is possible. I really need individual product links going to the relevant pages.

I think this is something SaS really must do if they want to attract affiliates.

Damm! I just went to the opal site. I sale gemstones for ritual and spell use. A natural fit, right? I would like to show my viewers a look at the opals and the opal jewelry. All they have is stupid banners! Another example, I sale ritual oils. I could use some of the products fron the sex products merchant. But, mine is not a sex oriented site. So, tough out of luck on that one. And how about the zodiac chocolayrs? Well, I giess I won't sell those either. Might as well have a "Do not join this program. We don't want your business," sign out front.

Here's the thing. I don't think I can promote the merchants they have as a whole. I mean I can't really sale their sites which aren't all that great or have the wrong focus for my viewers. But, in many cases I think I can sale certain products from their sites by using a different presentation from what the merchant has. As it stands, my hands are tied. Can't use the merchants even though I would really like to.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on February 09, 2003 at 09:45 AM.]

SSanf,

1) Check out the Body Jewlery posting in this forum for instructions on how to make your own product links. It requires using the urllink tag.

Not sure if this link will work for you or not:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...1766040581&p=2

2) There is a "download as CSV" feature on the product catalog which I use as a datafeed to quickly add products. All it took was a few minutes to write a script to parse out the csv file.

That's not it.

Yes, I am all set with them. I am looking for other programs at SAS to ensure I can meet the $50.00 minimum every month. All Pierced Body has so far is belly button rings and it is going to be hard without a full product line.

SAS has consolidated checks, no? There are a lot of other programs they have that I could use to add to the check but they don't have product links like Pierced Body.

The first two pages of that topic discuss how to make product links without using the shareasale database. That was before pierced body make a product catalog with shareasale.

I have made my own direct product links for every merchant program I am.

Thanks for the info. I will have to check this all out a little better to make sure I get it right.

I appreciate it.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread