Hello shareasale owner,
    I have 1 problem. I sent you an email a while ago, but I never got an answer from you.
    I made 2 sales with the Infinology merchant ($50/referal), but only got paid for 1.
    If I go to "Activity Details Report" and only select "Infinology" I have clearly made 2 sales. One on 12/06/02 and one on 12/07/02. Now if I go to "Activity Summary Center", and look in the "Comm-Total" column it shows a total of $50 which is not true.

Hostlead.com

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Send me your username privately, or through email, and ill look into it...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Problem corrected...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

thx for fixing it

Hello,
    I don't know what is going on, but it happend again. I made a sale on the 31st, now 3 days later I have $50 less and the sale didn't get cancelled. Please have a look. If you add me the $50, please let me get them in February since I made the sale in january.
    Also I am currently living in France. Can I change my country details? In the summer I am moving to Germany for uni. Can I change the info again then?
    Thank you

Hostlead.com

well? are around Brian?

Hostlead.com

is brian on holidays or something?

HL

Hostlead,

In order to help you, i need your username...I realize that you sent it earlier in january for a previous request...but I get/fix hundreds of requests for things, and don't have everyone's info in memory. In this case, it will always be better if you email me your problem/concern...and that way I get it directly. I come her a lot, and enjoy updating/helping out on the board....but if things get busy, I often don't visit here for a number of days at a time...and these posts can get lost.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Hello,
    I emailed you. You emailed me back. BUT I do not agree with you. I sent a reply to your email but I am still waiting for your reply to my last email! (been waiting for ~6days now) I sent a 2nd email...no reply. I have the impression I am talking to a wall.
    Here are 2 screenshots you can CLEARLY see that I should get a total commission of $450 not $400, after making a total of 9 sales.

HostLead.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    nm

hostlead,

i manually added up all sales, subtracted the voids and the commission payments that were mailed out, and it all adds up correct to the balance that you have in your account.

i realize the stat summary is a little off, but it is simply that, and if you review the actual transactions, you will see that they add up correctly. the summary, on occasion, can become slightly off due to voids and what not, ill see what i can do to fix it in the future so that it more accurately reflects the true commissions...but please take a look through the activity detail report to see that all is ok in your account.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

quote:
    Originally posted by shareasale:
    ...but please take a look through the activity detail report to see that all is ok in your account.

I still don't understand it. But even when stat summary is a little off, then my activity detail report should be accurate right?
    well I just went to my activity details and re-counted all infinlogy sales:
    $50 x (10 sales - 1 voided)is still $450 for me and NOT $400. Maybe the activity details are not accurate either? Nobody knows, but you.

HostLead

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    From the picture it looks like you have nine valid transactions, then a void, which reduces it to 8 valid transactions. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

quote:
    Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    From the picture it looks like you have nine valid transactions, then a void, which reduces it to 8 valid transactions. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

am I blind or what? because I see 10, 9 valid onces and one voided

HostLead

Hostlead,

I corrected the stats for you, but the end result is the same. If you look through the transactions 1 by 1, and add them up, subtracting any payments that were made by us to you (I assume that you received all of these OK) - the balance is still the same as it is - correct. Our last two posts were saying essentially the same thing...there were 9 valid sales - the 10th was voided - and somewhere in the mix, the account summary stats got confused, and were reporting those as $400 from that merchant. However, it wasn't affecting your ACTUAL balance, which was correct. The thing about the above picture is that you DID receive $450 for 9 sales, the error was not in what you got or what was paid to you, but how it was reported on a summary report, which I have now fixed just for the sake of clearing up confusion.

You don't have to believe my math if you don't want to though you can look on the activity detail report, and add up all the valid sales/leads - subtract the commissions paid out, and it should equal your actual current balance at the top of the screen ( + or - any hit commission stats for the day, as they are recorded overnight )

--Elbowcreek (and all)
    Voids are placed on transactions that already exist, so looking at the report above, it is 10 sales, 1 voided for a total of 9 - not 9 valids, minus the void for 8. Just an FYI on how those transaction reports read for the future.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

Hostlead,

Nope, you're not blind - it is 10 for 9 (see above post - i was typing when you posted)

By the way, I do appreciate your handling of this on a public board, by that, I mean some folks would not have taken the time to black out some of the more "private" details of the transactions as you did - and I appreciate (As do the merchants and their clients) people such as yourself who can see where some things just aren't appropriate for public forums - so thank you for that.

Let me know when you have a further chance to review this, and if you agree/disagree with my math/conclusions.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

hmm I am still confused :S
    but will accept it as an answer. Here's why I am confused:
    See the sale on the 01/31/2003, well it showed $50 on that day and on the 1st Feb. it showed -$50 (minus $50 for the months total). That made/makes no sense to me, unless you have an explanation for me.
    The only reason I made this public was because I didn't get a reply from you. A "no-without-explaining" like in your 1st email is not enough for me, so I hope you understand. I know you may be quite busy..but still

HostLead.com

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Seems simple enough here
    You had 10 transactions
    Transaction 1 - 9 were valid = 9 x 50 = $450
    Transaction 10 not valid = 1 x -50 = -$50
    You are trying to count the 10th transaction as a sale and a debit and it is in fact only a debit
    $450 - $50 = $400 due
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

no at shareasale
    you get credit first and then when it's voided they take it away again.

HostLead.com

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread