Hey Gang,

I am new to the whole Affiliate game, and have a few questions. I Just setup with shareasale, and not quite sure what needs to happen next.

This is what we have done so far:

1) We uploaded banners featuring some products, and understand that we can upload a csv of our entire product database.

2) we have set our commision rates. Does percentage or fixed dollar amount work better? (we currently have $8 per sale)

3) what are the best commision settings that advertisers like?

4) what is the best way to get the word out about the program?

Thanks much for the help.

ABW Ambassador
    North Carolina
    Hello BuyJewelry,

I just saw your site. Really like it. If you load you entire product catelog and ShareASale allows affiliates to download it, I'll certainly join your program.

About commission, it depends on the range. I would prefer to be have something in %, so that I can sell high-value items and get more in commission.

One thing, a lot of affiliates do not like is to have a 800 number for phone orders displayed on every page. You can always add a promo code with the 800 number based on affiliate id, so that we will be paid when we send visitors to your site and they order by phone. Or do something else to do the tracking even by phone.

Affiliateville, USA
    Ditto what KCedit said.

The best way to get the word out? You found it. Right here at ABW.

Welcome and good luck.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

We'll agree with KCEdit about the promo code on the tail end of the 800#. We do that. It makes sense... you wouldn't have had the sale without the affiliate referral... they should get credit. Brian at Shareasale can help you get that set up.

I'm not the technical guy at (as if you all couldn't already tell that from my posts ), so I can't detail how it works technically... but we promote it like this at the bottom of every web page.

636-536-7157 Promo Code: 79585
    * Important: Please have "Promo Code" ready when calling to secure these Internet only discount prices! Orders only, please. Click here for Customer Service.

The Promo Code designates the affiliate referring the business and our reps ask for this Promo Code when taking orders. We then manually post the affiliate commissions.

Happy Trails damn, if we had only talked earlier (pre-Valentine's Day) perhaps we could have bartered scooters for diamonds.

Frank Affiliate Program

THanks KCEdit, 7-days,

I added the promo code to the 800 number, and uploaded our best selling products to shareasale. I can modify commision rates to percentage on a per affiliate basis.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Just a note. Under Jewelry by Price, less than $100 should be represented by "< $100", but now it reads "> $100"

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread