between now and the 10th I see a lot of reversals come in. but some companies reverse have a predictable pattern throughout the month. Rapphaelo Ties regularly brings in sales with big commissions and then turns around reverses them because the credit card is bad. This has been going on for years. CJ says the guy doesn't have software to check the credit card. I don't know if this is credible. MacMall was another another big reversal artist. They went offline for awhile. Now I see they're back.

You can add LizClaiborne to that list as well Chitty. It seems that just about every single sale gets reversed after about a month. I'm sort of getting a bit tired of this now and think it's time to pull the plug on them.

Ok im usually not a complainer. BUT does serverpronto ALWAYS reverse for anyone? I mean personally if im going to purchase a server I would try it longer. These dudes reverse a ChitLoad of times

CompUSA is my big reverser and they usually aren't high dollar items.

Sil,

I had a reversal from serverpronto. The reason given was "Invalid Credit Card".

I have a 25% cancellation rate with Serverpronto.

Actually, if I include all of their transactions, it is above 50%, but that includes a bunch of sales and reversals that came in a flurry when a test engineer of their ended up cookied for me. Fair enough to reverse those, but it broke my heart to see that big negative day.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    hmmm... do I see a pattern here?

ABaby is really awful with reversals. I just had 3 reversals this morning from October for invalid credit cards! Commissions were $11.12, $37.92 and $23.20. I don't have very many links for them left on my sites because of reversals. Just some stuff that no one else carries. Guess I'll take those off too. One of the reversals was from 10/09/04. 2 stinking months to figure out it was an invalid credit card.

Thanks, just needed to vent!

You would think cj could make it a requirement of their merchants that they have order fullfillment software that verifies the credit card before completing the transaction.

In all fairness to the merchant, I should post the information I received from the affiliate manager at ABaby. He sent me an apologetic letter stating these were indeed invalid credit cards. He also explained why it took so long to reverse them. He said they keep the orders open so they can attempt to get payment with another credit card or money order. That does make sense and at least they bothered to reply to my letter at all, which is more than I can say for some other merchants.

I guess this was just the luck of the draw for me.

serverpronto, maybe it's their $29 per reboot...$29 for a reboot on a dedicatated server? 20 f'ing 9 dollars?

quote:
    Originally posted by electricpixel:
    serverpronto, maybe it's their $29 per reboot...$29 for a reboot on a dedicatated server? 20 f'ing 9 dollars?

good punto.. i wouldn't want to go through that each time either.. Interesting they have that..

I recently saw a couple of "Out of Stock" reversals from Online Sports. I have a feeling that some of these type of transactions may not be a lost cause for Online Sports and they'll probably fill the order down the road, yet not pay the commission.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread