I'm thinking about setting up an affiliate program for my site, I believe it would be a fantastic way to grow my business.

I'm in the UK but a large amount of my market are people from in the US but also a larger amount of my market is in UK.

Shareasale looks like a great company. The price is very appealing. It has everything I want on the face of it.

One thing which is making me think is the fact that it is a US company and checks would be sent in USD, since PayPal has been discontinued (for how long i don't know) I fear this could put off international affiliates. Paying to convert currencies can be a turn off.

What do you guys think about it? Do you think my affiliates would be put off by it? Do the benefits of Sharesale outweigh this.

Or are there any similar UK companies like shareasale people could recommend?

I would like your opinions/comments. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Adam

Speaking as an affiliate living in the UK, I'm not put off at all by cheques in US dollars. All my affiliate cheques at the moment are in dollars and I often think in dollars more than pounds (frankly I wish we'd change our national currency to the dollar rather than the euro, but thats another issue entirely).
    quote:

Or are there any similar UK companies like shareasale people could recommend?

There's Tradedoubler I believe - haven't any experience with them as an affiliate though so can't comment on how good they are.

One thing I'd highly recommend is be sure to go with a provider who will allow your affiliates to link to individual products (ie product links) rather than just to your front page. Some of us affiliates use solely product links and personally I don't bother at all with merchants who don't alow product links (other affiliates of course do it diffrently but by not offering product links you'd be losing a large percentage of us).

Battling through theifware, keep=no, out of stock items, deactivated merchants and the jungle of great merchants and bad apples to try to make a cent.

I will definately need a provider that offers product linking as what I have in mind will not work without it.

I've been speaking to another shareasale advertiser and he says that his advertisers are wide spread. So shareasale is looking like the one I'm going to go with.

Thanks for your comments futuresky, and you're not the only one who thinks in dollars - I do the same

Adam

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread