We're going to get our affiliate program underway soon. I called Brian from Shareasale today and am excited about what they have to offer.

The only downer is that we are a Yahoo Store, and from talking with Brian and reading some of the previous posts on this board, it seems at this time there is no way to capture the dollar amount from the transaction. Incidentally, directtrack and clixgalore assured me that they have the ability to capture this, but I like the program that SaS has to offer.

Our average sale is about 50 dollars and we were intending to pay out about 10 percent. So, assuming there's no way to rectify this problem, which of the following programs do you think that affiliates would rather be a part of:

- A flat $5 per sale, figuring that since the average sale is $50 and a 10% commission, that over time this is what would be paid out on average anyway.

- The scenario where the commission shows up as 20 cents until I go in and manually update the commission. Upside: a more accurate commission per sale payout. Downside: you have to trust me in the manual commissions I post I would probably do manual updates twice per week.

Or, I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe I could have both programs, and the affiliate could choose?

Thanks,
    Brian Feeny

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I was just contacted by an outside party, who apparantly has some software that can make the Yahoo store work for shareasale - among other programs... I will be contacting him today and hopefully we can work something out, so that we can start capturing the data we need from yahoo...

stay tuned.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Hi Brian,

If that's Don that contacted you, I sent him your way. He's a super guy to work with. He wrote an order automation tool for our Yahoo store that literally saved us 4 hours of work every day over the Christmas rush.

Hope it works.
    Brian

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread