Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is it just me, or isn't CJ tracking sales today? I haven't had a bite since 3AM PST today. Hundreds of solid clicks but NO sales.

Anyone else want to whine with me?

Steven
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Maybe it's your turn today. I went thru that the Thursday. Hundreds of clicks with no sales until the evening hours. Never heard any offical news about problems, so it could have just been people pricing items. Today, I've had some sales, so it's tracking okay on this end.

ABW Ambassador
    Tracking fine on my end. Weekends during the holidays there's more offline buying, people have time to go fight the crowds. Weekdays when they go back to work with their high speed connections is when all the good online shopping takes place

15 years and counting
    It looks like a slow day. The big spenders must be at the mall. Tracking is working I've enough sales reported to don't spot a problem but each purchase amount is pretty small.

ABW Ambassador
    slow here compared to the past two days.

i'm in the black hole too.

but that's ok. my bet is not really on cj right now.

i've been thru this before. when cj is slow, that means people are going somewhere else.

got to go where things are hot. today is definitely not cj.

Internet Cowboy
    They are all at Wal Mart. We were just there and OMG!!! What a zoo that place was.

It's raining money everywhere but CJ for me.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    "It's raining money everywhere but CJ for me. "

Well, you actually have to have links to merchants at CJ to make sales at CJ Sometimes you've said you don't have any, sometimes you say a couple. I've actually tripled my CJ earnings the last few months, pushing CJ merchants more.

ABW Ambassador
    Anybody with a bunch of sites seeing a very strange reporting pattern? Like 4 or 5 sales in a row from the same merchant's links on the same site (even though you also have their links on other sites) , then 4 or 5 in a row from a different merchant, also from just one site?

For a Saturday, I had a great day with lots of sales at various sites from various merchants. Actually, it was more than normal for a Saturday...then I remembered it is the holiday shopping season.

I just love this time of year!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    How long does it take for sales to show up? I bought from 2 different companies almost 2 hours ago and nothing is showing up for either of them yet - not the click and not the sale.

i just discovered along with a merchant that i contacted that the affiliate links i have been generating through CJ are BOGUS!!!

I have over 30 merchants who have links with only 4 numbers in the first part of the ID.. and not a single one of them is tracking!
    i used cjs platform to generate links and NEVER modify links unless it is to modify the text only.. and they consistently tell me that i changed the code..
    there is something seriously wrong with their system!

i am sooo sick of this

ABW Ambassador
    They are definetly tracking sales today.

Trish,

I'm a little confused Aren't the only 2 numbers in our links the Pid # and the Link # ? Are you saying that when you pull some links your pid only has 4 digits or the link id has 4 digits? Just curious.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Packster..
    my pid has only 4 numbers. this is the case with ALL the merchants i built links for in a 4 day period.

Trish55,

You should contact Client Services and have them look over your site/links to see if there is a problem.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Does this mean we now have to check every single link we generate through CJ?!! If it can happen to Trish55 it can happen to any one of us.

ABW Ambassador
    the very reason i don't hide the cj url in my links.

just a mere mouseover can make me spot if something is wrong.

Why dont you guys just get a basic datafeed from your merchants and add the CJ tracking code, thats what I do.

For example if the merchant is www.example.com and the CJ tracking code link for http://www.example.com is http://www.qksrv.net/click-3333333-6666666 this link will direct to http://www.example.com

To link to individual pages at www.example.com all you need to do is add ?URL= between the http://www.qksrv.net/click-3333333-6666666 and the product page so if the product page which sells dogs is http://www.example.com/dogs.html then the full tracking link would be

http://www.qksrv.net/click-3333333-6....com/dogs.html

Works fine for me!!!

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Trish55,

You should contact Client Services and have them look over your site/links to see if there is a problem.

Gee Thanks for the suggestion Todd. I am still getting replies from client services from 2 months ago saying "...we havent forgotten about your issue...24 hours...72 hours .. blah blah blah.."BS
    So forgive my hysteria.. but

http and a telephoto
    If you have had an ongoing problem with this for 2 months, you should be on the phone with them or should have found a fix by now.

I have never had a link made incorrectly with the linkmaker in CJ and if you know how to check it you can EASILY see and CORRECT a problem immediately.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

quote:
    Well, you actually have to have links to merchants at CJ to make sales at CJ

Yeah, true. I only really use two or three CJ merchants any more. But, just the same, they are ususally pretty steady. If a day or two goes by with nothing, it is unusual and sets off bells.

No doubt, I would do better with CJ if I put up more advertisers but I don't have time to even do what I want with the SAS merchants. And, I have a heck of a lot more confidence in SAS. I haven't even checked out the new CJ linking, yet and don't know how to do it.

Don't know how I will update my product links when they change next spring. Maybe, by then I can get a feed from the advertiser or something.

I haven't pulled some other CJ links because it is a waste of time to do that when I could instead be putting up SAS links. No harm in letting them sit and rot. And, besides once every few months or so there is a surprise when they actually sell something.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I will whine with you. How about not getting paid at all. I had to drop one store because of non-payment even after I notified cj. I have other stories about not getting paid. The only reason I know I am not getting paid is because I am the purchaser. My click thru is posted but not my purchase. How does anyone here know for sure if you are credited for all sales??? I want to know what you successful people are doing right. Thanks for listening

Well Cave sister... I am finally realizing that the affiliate thing is a big scam.. sure there are some legit merchants.. but i actually work for a merchant who turns the program on and off at whim. with all the malware, hijacking ware and adware out there we are losing ground daily!
    I am off to the racetrack.. at least there the odds are about even

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Trish 55:
    Well Cave sister... I am finally realizing that the affiliate thing is a big scam.. sure there are some legit merchants.. but i actually work for a merchant who turns the program on and off at whim

I hope you will tell us who that merchant is so all of us can stay away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast