I want to link to the sales pages for their merchants. Can I do this?

For instance how can I make this into an affiliate link?

http://www.merchantname.com/merchant...tegory_Code=CD

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on April 02, 2003 at 07:41 PM.]

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'm going to have to write this down one day so I don't keep loosing it , think I'll put it on the Pierced Body Support site...which is well overdue , here are some samples of custom links from Pierced Body

www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=76933&b=10139&m=3009&urllink=www.body-jewelry-body-piercing.com/product.asp?3=448

www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=76933&b=10139&m=3009&urllink=www.body-jewelry-body-piercing.com/product.asp?3=452

www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=76933&b=10139&m=3009&urllink=www.body-jewelry-body-piercing.com/product.asp?3=843

U= User/Affiliate ID
    B= Banner ID
    M = Merchant ID
    urllink = the destination URL, no HTTP used

Cheers

Chris

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    So using your sample URL I believe the answer is

www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=YOURID&b=BANNERID&m=MERCHANTID&urllink=www.merchantname.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=D106&Category_Code=CD

I'm not sure if the banner ID has to be from a legit active banner or not or whether you can just put any number there, you'll need to check that.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks, but that was what I have been trying. What I get is "Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error: 'Error Code: MER-DTB-00072 Description: Product' not found"

Any idea why?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Could be the ? and & in the url at the end....there is a thread in here that explains how to encode those...

for example..

www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=xxx&b=xxx&m=xxx?urllink=(((From here on out you can't use the ? or the & or the link won't work)))

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Well, I DID look for the answer here before I asked the question. In fact, I went through all the past pages. However, thanks for almost telling me how to do it but leaving me still unable to create links.

I still have no answer. What you said before is
    quote:
    You can link to any page in the merchants site using the following...

here is a regular link...
    www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=xxx&m=xxx&b=xxxx

link to a specific page
    www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=xxx&m=xxx&b=xxx&urllink=www.mechantssite.com/merchantspage.html

this is also available with the longer link code that started with..
    www.shareasale.com/m-redirect.cfm?userID=xxx, etc...

merchants are also able to create banners, and product links that go specifically to different pages if you can convince them to create creatives for you for specific pages, etc...

I have a page I want to link to with the URL
    http://www.xxx.com/merchant2/merchan...tegory_Code=HD

What do you do with the www.mechantssite.com/merchantspage.html
    part when it has a ? in the URL of the merchants page? Do I leave out the /merchant2/merchant.mv? or something?

I would really appreciate having this explained rather than leaving me to fiddle around and hope for the best where maybe I will get paid for my work and then maybe, not.

Links to the "other thread" are to old ABW pages that just tell us to update our bookmarks so nothing is currently available that way. Perhaps, you thought the information is still there and I am just lazy or something. If you think it is a dumb question, you may be right. I never claimed to be the brightest affiliate on the walk or to have any particular background in these things. Therefore, I could use a little help, here.

Thanks in advance.

?s need to be replaced - URL encoded... so a ? would be a %3F and a & would be a %26

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...89&m=261609789

is the old thread i was referring to...

your link would be....

www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?m=xxx&b=xxxx&u=xxxx&urllink=www.xxx.com/merchant2/merchant.mv%3FScreen=PROD%26Store_Code=CC%26Product_Code=D105%26Category_Code=HD

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

ere is a link to a url encoder that andy(tiger) gave us in the tigerdirect forum
    Url encoder That might help

"The beatings will continue until morale improves"

Thank you!

OK. I used the encoder on this one (thanks) because I couldn't do it. Will this get me paid?

www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?m=405&b=759&u=mynumber&urllink=www.plusshop.com%2FMerchant2%2Fmerchant.mv%3FScreen%3DPROD%26Store_Code%3D222%26Product_Code%3D837

Ok, I used my own Id on that one, and it directed correctly to the merchants page....i.e., it will track.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread