My company will start an affiliate program.

I have some questions about ShareaSale.com

1) How big is their affiliate network?
    2) How long are they in bussiness?
    3) Our company offers 9 product, can I set different campaings for each product (eg. product 1 has 15% commision
    product 2 has 30% commision...
    ... )

We are looking to start the program this next week, everything is ready.

thanks.

Starman,

I'm not 100% sure on the answers to the questions you're asking, but we've been with SAS for about 6 months now and are very happy with our overall experience.

Two thumbs up from UrbanScooters.com.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

Thanks for your post Frank,

I have seen a few of your post recommending SAS.

I would like to ask you a few questions:
    Are your affiliates generating sales?
    how many affiliates signed up with your program the first week you joined SAS?

You dont have to awnser those questions, but if you do it will be very helpful for me.

Thanks again.

Hey Starman, We have been a merchant at shareasale for almost a year, or more.. Don't remember how long we have been with shareasale. but I can tell you that shareasale has great support and some of our affiliates have sent us great traffic. But I would watch out for dishonest affiliates using popups/redirecting on adult sites, or popups redircting scripts and actually have terminated quite a bit for that. Anyway My overall experience with shareasale has been pretty good, it's affordable compared to the bigger networks: cj, linkshare, etc. Anyway My affiliates have sent me some sales once in a while.

Jason
    Santa Cruz

Thanks Jason for your post.

But... what do you need to do to recieve a response from SAS about some pre-Sales questions????

I emailed them last week, and still waiting for a response... I have posted here and seemes that they don't care to respond either.

I really don't know what to think.. I recieve good opinions about them from Jason and Frank but SAS simply can't handle a few small questions.

Thank you for your posts but I think I will do bussiness somewhere else...

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Starman,

As with any affiliate program or network, the questions about "how well will it do" are almost impossible to answer. The volume of your sales, affiliates signups, etc... will depend on too many factors to make guesses at. We provide the service to the merchants and affiliates - but the sucess of your program will largely depend on the conversion of your site, your communication with affiliates, and the quality of your product, just as it does with standard sales channels.

As for question 3 - the implementation of that would be tricky, although doable. We have parameters in the tracking code that allow for the setting of different commissions for different products - however, you are responsible for sending us the parameters in the tracking pixel, so your tech. team would need to be able to understand what i am talking about - of course when they are doing this i am happy to help them out with it.

The size of the network is not public info...

Hope this helps answer your questions...if these questions are different from the ones you sent by email, please resend, as I don't have it...could have been lost or accidentally deleted in a spam-spam-spam-spam delete sequence.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Starman,

We've been at this for about 6 months, I don't recall how many affiliates signed up in the first week. However, by now we have a healthy number of fine affiliates contributing sales on a regular basis.

There are lots of tips and strategies on ABW about how and where to advertise your program and how to structure it so that it's affiliate friendly. Keep an eye on the boards, integrate what you learn into your program and you should do fine.

Here's a good hint. Use the keyword search to find immediate answers to questions you have. There's a wealth of knowledge out there in the form of past posts. You can learn quite a bit.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

at last, thank for your post Brian, yes those are the same question I emailed you.

I have some more question, I will post them here because I don't want you to get my email lost again.

1) What payment options do merchants have to add funds? (credit card?, cheque?,wire?...)
    2) Do you support 3th party billing like Regsoft.com , element5.com, and regnow.com?

The reason we decided to use affiliate network instead of running our own affiliate software is the fact that we are looking to an affiliate Database, so you charge a (non-refundable) setup fee, but you don't want to let us know how many affiliate do you have, common sense tells me that I will choose a partner with my eyes closed. Maybe I will sigup to find out they are only 50 affiliates on your network.

I am contacting other affiliate networks, and all of them had given information about their affiliates and the preformance of their network.

I am not asking for exact numbers, you can provide statical information, preformance information it would be more valuable information than telling I have xxxx affiliates.

Looking forward to your response and doing bussines with you.
    Thanks.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Starman,

I didn't say I wouldn't tell you, I said it wasn't public information, i.e., I won't post it here....

1) Payments are made either by credit card or PayPal online. We also accept check and wire payments but they are not instantly shown on your account as the two online methods are.

2) yes, we have several merchants using all kinds of third part apps....

3) Yes, we charge a non-refundable setup fee of $150. We find this to be a very fair number, even if there were only 50 affiliates, although obviously there are more than this.

The reason I don't attempt to guess at statistical information - is pretty simple. I could give you the stats on my best performing, highest commission program...that wouldn't be fair... Or I could give you the worst...that wouldn't be fair either... So I am left with reporting an average? Even in the aggregate, the stats would be near worthless to give you any idea as to how your program would perform. How other merchants are doing with the network simply won't help you...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

Ok, thanks for your reply, I really want to try your service but I still need more info about your network, Can you send me via eMail more information about your network and average performace?

Thank you.

Starman,

As a Proud and Very Happy SaS Merchant (since 18-Sep-01), I'd, also, be happy to answer any non-proprietary questions you may have my email is Haiko@abestweb.com and my tel is in the whois for ABestweb.com

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Starman

I would certainly recommend reading the Case Study under Pierced Body on this board which covers the birth of the Pierced Body affiliate program on SAS and covers it day by day near enough, you'll get an idea of growth and revenue. Pierced Body generates roughly 75% of it's revenue via Share A Sale members.

A couple of things to keep in mind with SAS
    1. You can communicate directly with your partners
    2. The best ones are all active on ABW and therefore easy to work with
    3. SAS doesn't work with parasite affiliates
    4. If you've never done affiliate marketing or have a limited start up budget then it's certainly best place to launch a program at present time in my opinion.

We run three programs with them, 2 have been going for 3 months, one for a couple of days.

Cheers

Chris

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread