ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Well, that spam you all got....here is the source. If you're on this site....You must be so proud of your business.

http://brazil4ever1111.5u.com/emais.htm

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

I don't know where he assembled his "list" but it is pretty clear that it isn't from shareasale.com...

A lot of the complaints we received were from addresses not on shareasale.com - and some that are specifically for other programs, etc...like some of you do use different names for email addresses to keep track of potential spammers...etc...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

[This message was edited by shareasale on April 22, 2003 at 09:19 PM.]

Interesting Brian. It's really too bad people like that have to do that crap. Anyway I get hundreds of spam messages a day. And have terminated quite a bit from different networks. Anyway If I get anymore spam (that has to do with shareasale) I'll contact you. or affilates who cheat... Caught a lot of those too :0). Though my tracking software. Anyway talk later.

Jason
    Santa Cruz

Warning - There's a Gator Download waiting on ya if you click that link!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I don't need another gator drive-by install so I'll pass on that link. I do find I can't get enthused about promoting Share-a-sale, Fastclicks, performics pseudo merchants (affiliates in disquise) as only the owner of Share-a-Sale seems to want to weed out the "tricks for Clicks" and spammers from his banner pool. I'd advise Share-a-Sale to setup a special network and restrick it just like Froogle.com to product only fulfillment merchnats.

Leads and click fee merchants are the scourge of the affilia5te industry and just feed the spammers and shady site operators willing to screw visitors for pennies a click.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador

Sorry about the gator, should have posted a warning...I tend to just hit the "No" button on the install box....

TH Media,

Send me the email. Ill take care of him.

EcomCity.com,

I'm not entirely sure I understand your point, but I do like the idea of a "quaranteened" off section for product fulfillment merchants....i.e., not having to weed through a larger portion of merchants that they aren't interested in....Send me some more thoughts on it if you would like, as to what you want, why you would be more interested to participate, etc....

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

that's weird. Because the email address they contacted me at was one that I used for ShareASale.

There are ways to get your email address if someone wants it bad enough. I have gotten spam emails at email addresses I never published before. As soon as I create the email accounts they are getting spam emails within days.

it's one thing to get a random spam from a robot or email generator.

it's another thing to get a spam at the same email address you use for one service, and the email is promoting that service specifically (or merchants within that service).

It seems they had knowledge that 1) that email address was used for ShareASale and 2) that I was somehow affiliated with ShareASale.

Could be coincidence, but it seemed pretty targeted.

--
    Rodney

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread