ABW Ambassador
    I was just looking at this program and did a search on google for garden botanika coupons. I clicked on the first site that came up. Then I clicked on their 10% off coupon and was directed to garden botanika's site. On the home page of garden botanika I got a message that said;
    "Welcome! We are happy to offer "the name of the coupon site went here" referrals 10% off (excluding Clearance items)! Start your natural beauty care regimen today! You'll find natural products that are healthy for your skin and good for the environment. Check out two of our top-sellers:"

Then I went to other coupon sites and clicked on their links that went to the home page of garden botanika. I still got the message on the home page that welcomed me to the 10% offer that was offered by the first site that I clicked on. It still used the actual name of the first site that I clicked on. I thought the last affiliate site that you click on gets the commission?

Maybe Ben or Miss B can explain how this one works. LOL

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It sounds like the merchant site itself, sets a cookie that remembers the first site you came from.

CJ's cookies, on the other hand, are *supposed to* credit the link clicked LAST.

quote:
    Maybe Ben or Miss B can explain how this one works.

It would be indeed be interesting to know who's actually getting credit for those sales.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Delete all your cookies and try again. I bet you'll have different results.

Sounds like what happened with Overstock a few months back.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Nature Boy:
    Delete all your cookies and try again. I bet you'll have different results.

Sounds like what happened with Overstock a few months back.

I tried that and did the same routine and the same thing happened. Of course after I deleted my cookies and went to the second site first the message was not there, but I don't think most people delete their cookies before they go from site to site. The question remains, who gets the commission if you go to the first coupon site first??

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I just went back to that coupon site and the message on the landing page is gone. I checked on two different computers. Apparently that message has been removed. When you get to checkout the "10% off" message is there without the actual name of the coupon site.

On the other hand, I just read that Garden botanika belongs to EBATES. Not a good thing.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread