Hello,
    I am planning on joining SAS as a merchant. I just want to know what I can expect to get as results. Here's what I wanna do.
    I wanna pay every affiliate $0.01 or $0.02 per click.
    How many affiliates can I expect if I accept only web hosting / web design / webmaster related websites? 10 , 100 or more?
    This would give me an approximation of how many visitors I would get to HostLead.com
    Example: 20 affiliates each sending 25 clicks per day = 500 visitors per day. So to sum it up, my question is, how many visitors can I expect per day?
    TIA

HL

http://www.hostlead.com

ABW Ambassador
    In my opinion, I don't think 1 or 2 cents per click is a match for $50 and above commissions per sale.
    You are going to be competing with hosting companies that will give affiliates over $50 in commissions per sale.
    It would require me to send you 2,500 visitors to make $50
    Or double that if you only pay 1 cent.
    If I was going to send 2,500 people to a web hosting company, I would expect more than 1 conversion

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

2500 people not 1250
    I can see what you are saying.
    I guess paying more is the only way to solve this problem.
    EDIT: I just noticed we registered the same day.

HL

HL,

Besides what CJSN said ... I would never do CPC unless I specifically new the source and their reputation ... waaaay to easy to get burned.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

thx for your reply
    well I thought that CPC was the only solution for me since I cannot make sales, since I don't sell products but only link to sites that pay me. Is there another way maybe?

HL

you should also consider the amount of fraud you'll have to deal with paying out per click.

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose." Jack Handy

ABW Ambassador
    I personally never use pay per click anywhere on my site. I just don't think it is worth it. I noticed that is was 2,500 after I had posted 1,250, oops.
    Why would we, as affiliates, send you traffic when we can just send the traffic to a hosting company and get paid $30, $40, $50 or more in commissions?
    There are way too many web sites that promote web hosting. I think that you would find it hard to get many people signing up if you only paid them 1 or 2 cents per click.
    Yes, we registered on the same day. How come you haven't posted much since then?

quote:
    Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    I personally never use pay per click anywhere on my site. I just don't think it is worth it. I noticed that is was 2,500 after I had posted 1,250, oops.
    Why would we, as affiliates, send you traffic when we can just send the traffic to a hosting company and get paid $30, $40, $50 or more in commissions?
    There are way too many web sites that promote web hosting. I think that you would find it hard to get many people signing up if you only paid them 1 or 2 cents per click.
    Yes, we registered on the same day. How come you haven't posted much since then?

http://www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

may I ask how you advertise your site?
    I don't know why I haven't posted more. Sometimes I just register, but only read and never post, and start getting active after 1 year

HL

ABW Ambassador
    I get about 1,200 visitors per day from search engines. I do not advertise (although I have used pay per click at times)

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread