Okay I need anyones feedback here.

A affiliate signed up for my program. However they have 2 sites, one had no content but banners and had text begging there visitors to click or search within a banner. and the second site site is a get paid to read email site which both sites on a free webhost. The funny thing he said he gets 25,000 hits monthly with his sites. But his counters say only less then 8,000 so basically he lied to me about his application and begging his visitors to click on links. so I didn't approve him. what is your feedback on this? To me this affiliate is a shame to the industry to his merchants for begging his visitors to click. and lying to a merchant..

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

I am sure we all been there at one time or another, especially when just starting out. It is just a sign of being inexperienced. And if you told me that you are always completely honest to your merchants about your sites traffic I wouldn't believe you in a million years. Not only that but I have yet to find a counter that was 100% accurate.

If you don't like his site or the traffic it receives then simply deny him and that is the end of the story. I am sure he can find another 2 cent per lead offer elsewhere that will be glad to have his traffic whether it is on a free host or not.

Not sure what kind of "feedback" you are looking for here. But an affiliate is not a shame to the industry because they have a free hosted site or because they are inexperienced.

I still see it on many experienced affiliates today "Please support our site by supporting our sponsors" under banners.

hello dreamscape, Thanks for the feedback. i don't know I just felt bad that he submitted his site when it's a incentive site on a free host, when based on our terms of service incentive sites aren't allowed unless there's written permission. also there's no way a free host could generate 25,000 hits when there google popularity isn't that good. I don't know. perhaps you are right but for your information we pay more then 2 cents per lead. we also pay per click and we increase commissions too customized based on affiliate quality.

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

quote:
    Originally posted by jasonco12:
    To me this affiliate is a shame to the industry to his merchants for begging his visitors to click. and lying to a merchant..

Jason, I agree with you. And is important for me to see that a line is dropped. That guy will learn a little lesson, and lesson by lesson maybe he will gain a marketing consciousness - who knows

Monica

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread