Man I thought it would take me 3 days to earn $1 but I guess not, I'm doing great with shareasale. Just reached my $50 balance of getting a check so far. My goal is to reach $60 by the 20th :0). Just so you all know I make about $300 so far a month with affiliate Marketing, but it looks good that I may reach a new record at the end of next month. Hopefully will double.. Looks good :0) goal 6 months and will be making $2000 a month. Understand some of you may think $300 is nothing but It's all about having fun with affiliate marketing. That's how you get successful. No sense to be frustrated.

"Living among friends
    Those who respond to my emotional breakdowns,
    Those who believe and respect my life
    Those who commit themselves,Those who believe in there dream
    and/or give to make a cause,living among real friends
    trust, why don’t you see,you prey and spend time with those who put you down
    and say you can’t do it,living among friends
    look above the negativity,and be controlled
    let your true god abide,by letting your mind
    teach you.In a way of success
    Living among true friends."

xtremeshopping.org inc.

Jason
    Santa Cruz

300 a month will make the car payment! If you can make 300 you can make 600 you can make more and more.
    I tried to show my son and some friends how to do this, but they just can't get motivated to make easy money. Thats okay, more for me!

ABW Ambassador
    Once you get beyond the $300 per month, it is amazing. Just wait until you got beyond the $1,000 per month.
    Hopefully, this month will be the 4th in a row I have gone above $1,000
    Earned over $600 so far this month, and we aren't even halfway through the month.
    I can imagine that if you get stuck on $50 for a while, you will lose interest. However, once you start earning good money, it is well worth the effort.
    My next aim is to earn more in a month than my wife gets at her job. Not there yet, but will be soon
    Keep working at it Jason. It is well worth it

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Jason, looking at your site, there a few things that you really should do before you will ever reach $2,000. Let me know if you are open to suggestions

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Jason

I hope you have some Body Jewelry sales amongst those sales.

Cheers

Chris

Nope don't have any Body Jewelry there. Is body Jewelry that popular? I do have mondera though. Now I'm at over $55 in shareasale... hoping to reach that goal $60 by the 20th! Same here jane tryed to show my brother how to make money but they don't believe it....

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    My next aim is to earn more in a month than my wife gets at her job. Not there yet, but will be soon~CJShoppingNetwork

That's a great motivator! Beating the income of everyone in my family was one of my first goals. Not only for bragging rights--but now I don't have anyone trying to convince me to be a PIANO TEACHER or get a j*b anymore!

quote:
    It's all about having fun with affiliate marketing. That's how you get successful. No sense to be frustrated.~Jason

Fun is where a lot of it is! I have always steadfastly refused to make a "real j*b" out of this. The minute it really becomes like a j*b, you might as well just hang it up and apply somewhere, because the point of doing this has been lost!

Of course, there's effort involved but not nearly as much as there is with a < disgust > reealll j*bbbb... < /disgust > plus this pays more anyway!

~Revenue is King

Totally agree Leader, once it becomes a job, you get frustrated, and just don't want to do this. That's why I just do what I feel like doing. I spend sometimes only 20 minutes getting one page up sometimes I spent 8 hours. But it's fun, and I don't listen to people who tell me there's no money to be made. As long as I get the checks I know it pays well. All the best.

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    This is not a job. I love doing it. However, you need a break every now and again.
    I have done some shitty jobs in my life. However, I went to university at the age of 26, and decided that I would NEVER work for anyone else.
    8 years later, and living on a different continent, here I am Doing what I want to do, and getting paid for it

Why work for someone else? NEVER again. I do what I want when I want, except when my wife is home

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by jasonco12: But it's fun, and I don't listen to people who tell me there's no money to be made

They don't know what they are talking about!
    I don't think people really believe me when I tell them that I am mking over $1,000 per month. When I try to explain to them what it is I do, they just look blankly back at me.
    There is a lot of money to be made doing this. I have just passed the $700 for this month. Looking good for May.
    Anyone out there who thinks that there isn't any money to be made, you are VERY wrong!

ABW Ambassador
    I stopped promoting Shareasale merchants when I passed 700 or 800 click throughs without a sale (only about 5 or 6 merchants promoted, but enough is enough). Would love to find one that converts. Last year I averaged one sale in 37 clicks at CJ. This year it is 1 in 58 so far (parasites????). Shareasale 0 in 800+.

PM me if you wanna share your shareasale secrets

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    I have 1 merchant in Shareasale that has resulted in $360 in commission. 12 sales from 750 clicks.
    I have a couple more who do the odd sale here and there. Most of the SAS merchants I keep away from though.

There are probably some VERY good merchants in Shareasale. However, there are also some bad ones. It is really difficult to know which ones to go with.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    perfectG,

PM me the merchant program that you sent 800+ clicks to with 0 sales.....

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    Brian
    It was not one program. It was a combination of 4 or 5 merchants (as I mentioned above).

Sorry, not trying to diss SAS (is that still a hip word inthe US?). I dont have a problem with posting facts here:

The main merchants I have not converted with are:

Alectra Plus Size (241 clickthroughs)
    Kiyonna Clothing (97)
    Plus Shop (194)
    Anabolic Store (166)

That is 700 ish. Also a few with 60+ click and no sales. Not posting names as this is too few clicks to make a judgement.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    I dropped Alectra and Kiyonna for crappy conversions

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi CJ

All the guys who have some areas focused on Body Jewelry with traffic are getting between 1-3 sales a day, the best partners are making over 5 sales a day, check out the contest thread on Pierced Boidy to see more on that, this month about 75% of our sales are partner related.

Cheers

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    My sites aren't body jewelry related. However, I do have Pierced Body on both of my sites, and have had some sales with them. I just wish that I knew more about body jewelry, I would create a site dedicated to it
    I have had 4 sales with Pierced Body. It is low commission, but they convert pretty good. I mean the monetary value is low, not the commission %

Guy's,

Most of you hit the nail on the head when you say it doesn't have to be a job. You do however need to enjoy it to make money. I started 10 months ago and my main network which is CJ sends me over $10,000 a month. I use other networks but like cj because they pay monthly.

My advice.

I use some great tools to help me make this money. I will share if you want to email or pm me.

Look at your chosen merchants offer. get a sheet of paper and on one side write "expected keywords" on the other "unusual keywords". Spend some time doing this. The unusual keywords will provide your ppc terms and SEO stuff.

In february a UK credit card did a promotion with a huge store. I saw it first, placed my ad's with the usual ppc search engines and over $18,000 1 merchant - you can do it.

Ed

Edward Green

quote:
    Originally posted by jasonco12:
    Nope don't have any Body Jewelry there. Is body Jewelry that popular?

Yes it is, and it converts well for me.
    for Chris

Monica

Hi, everyone! I'm about as new as new can be.

First question: Is there a thread around here which lists merchants which do convert well?

Thanks.
    David.

Thanks.

David.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    As a rule of thumb, affiliates won't get specific about telling you where their bread is buttered, as it means more ocmpetition.

You can tell from the various threads that certain merchants seem to be well respected, and active at ABW, which is a good sign.

I think all of us go through a certain amount of qualifying as far as merchants in general go. By looking at commission %, cookie duration, their stance for/against parasites, general sales info which is usually provided by the network, etc. you can find the good ones fairly easily.

If you are just starting out, I would suggest trying to 'sell what you know'.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

ABW Ambassador
    A better question, and one that you may get better answers for, would be which merchants DO NOT perform very well. Affiliates are more likely to tell you what companies are bad, than those that work well.
    If you know a lot of crap ones, you are well on your way to avoid bad mistakes, ie not promoting those companies that will rip you off.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread