Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Zappos blood bath started.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, even had the "privilege" of watching it unfold, transaction by transaction, live at CJ today. Still, after it was all said and done, reversal rate has stayed about the same the past three months I've been promoting them.

I have to admit - I wish they would do their reversals as they come in instead of batching them! I can see "being in the red" today and perhaps tomorrow, too.

ABW Ambassador
    I think its done now. It's the RED FRIDAY.

so far I've had fewer batched reversals this month than usual.....
    for accounting purposes I count the batched reversals at the beginning of the month that refer to transactions in the previous two months--these I count against totals for the previous two months.
    Its easy enough to see it in transaction reports section by clicking the second or third drop down box and choosing "not corrected" so as to winnow out the reversals from the earlier months. If you want to see the total reversals for the day --click on "corrections" in the same drop down box.

Abou 70% reversals for me showing up. Man this October was definately a killer for me when it comes to reversal overall I'll just keep smiling and trucking along though
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Affiliate Manager
    Hi everyone,

I thought I would remind all of you there are NO sales reversals on Shoes.com (except for fraud, which is minimal). When you make a sale, you keep it.

Best,

Todd
    affiliate@shoes.com

ABW Ambassador
    at least when the color is red, you can determine immediately that it's a reversal. there was a short time that reversals were even colored black. good thing cj changed it back to red.

Todd (shoes.com), when i was starting out, you were my top merchant and reversals were zero. now, of the very few txns i get monthly, there is always at least one reversal for invalid credit card or other.

Todd, I notice that Shoes.com is a merchant in the BargainBuddy download. But recall my recent thread on BargainBuddy, pointing out that they get installed on users' PCs through security holes. (I've even made a video.) Should shoes.com affiliates be worried that their cookies will be overwritten by software downloads that break the rules?

ABW Ambassador
    Come on, Todd. What if a Shoebuy rep chimed in on a thread about Shoes.com to let everybody know "by the way, we offer 17% commission on all sales!"

Geezis.

Internet Cowboy
    quote:
    I thought I would remind all of you there are NO sales reversals on Shoes.com (except for fraud, which is minimal). When you make a sale, you keep it.

Shoes.com:
    3 month EPC $10.47 USD
    7 day EPC $11.98 USD

Zappos:
    3 month EPC $17.27 USD
    7 day EPC $35.40 USD

Even after figuring a liberal return percentage, the real winner in this category is obvious.

What a cheesy thing for Todd to do!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I can't post in the shoes.com section so I'll harp in here and say Shoebuy and Zappos do outsell them from my links.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    I really didn't think my post would be interpreted as spam, sorry if it was. I thought my post was relevant, since this thread was about shoe sales reversals. I'll admit I am still learning what ABW members consider spam.

I'll investigate the BargainBuddy observation. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

- Todd
    affiliate@shoes.com

quote:
    Originally posted by Shoes.com:
    I'll investigate the BargainBuddy observation.
    Great. Though note that BargainBuddy is but one of many (a dozen? more?) rule-breaking affiliates in your program, each of which needs to be removed in order to enforce your program rules and assure that rule-following affiliates don't have their commissions overwritten by rule-breakers. There are lots of other programs to look at -- 180, all the TopMoxies, DirectRevenue, and on and on.

See also my example cookie-stuffing targeting shoes.com (posted to my web site more than a month ago) as part of my cookie-stuffing examples site.

Internet Cowboy
    Thanks for the info Ben. That is all I needed to see.

Todd should and most probably will boot them, but who the bloody F is going to page 5 and buying from that link? Yeah he/she overwrote 5 pages of other coupons LMFAO!

[edited so I don't insult academia for the case of reality - I really wonder how many sales that site 'stole'?]

I think we all know what I think of cookie stuffers and the merchants who allow it, but that really isn't the case here ... the case is we have an AM here who is willing to work with Affs and implement change ... let's look at that

==========
    Todd,

It is bad 'netitique' recruiting in a competing merchant's thread.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    I personally don't consider Todds statements in this thread as spam myself and have a hard time that members here would even consider it as such.

If zappos paid for a forum and he went in "their forum" I would say yes - the line was crossed but this is an open CJ forum and as such think it's fine under the circustances.

Not that it maters what I think .

I don't think it is spam. It is information about a possible alternative.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I don't necessarily see Todd's post as spam either as it was on topic (ie reversals) and what Poon said. Possibly not the best netitique as Haiko said and starting a thread in the Shoes.com forum emphasizing Shoes.com's reversal policy might have been a better approach, but not necessarily spamming the board either. IMO Todd's post isn't the spam posting I'm seeing in this thread.

==================

Ben, Todd responded to your cookie stuffing report a month ago in the thread you started regarding your report at http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...3989#780103989 where he said he contacted the affiliate in question and gave them to time to stop the stuffing before termination from the Shoes.com program. Going to the aff site in question just now, I see that the cookie stuffing has stopped for Shoes.com. Going to the other shoe merchants on that aff's site (real quick so I might have missed a shoe merchant somewhere) I see that cookie stuffing is still happening for all other shoe merchants (either by visable pop ups or hidden methods...and there seems to be a possible pattern to this based on Merchant Network affiliation on which method is used based off the dozen or so Merchants I quickly checked). So you are bringing up that report in relation to Shoes.com (which implies it is still happening) because why????

And BargainBuddy bad behavior is related to Zappo's reversals how??? Just because Todd posted in this thread? How is it even related to what Todd posted?? There's a thing on the board called the "New Topic" button. It seems that starting a New Topic in the Shoes.com forum is would be more appropriate with the BB post to avoid board spamming.

Instead of posting all over ABW behind any Merchant who posts who is on the BB list regardless of what the ongoing thread is about (which is what the case has been of late). There are a couple of other options available also to avoid board spamming but still allows for the dissemination of the information contained in your research to the community if you feel that posting in the parasiteware forum isn't adequate coverage. You can view the options here and they include email blasts to community members, announcements in the announcement forum and even having your own forum. It's the options open to any other member (typically a Merchant but is not restricted to Merchants) who has information of interest to the community but is also promoting their business/service that they financially benefit from. You can also go into your profile and set up a sig line to link to your web site which will get your URL out there to all and net you the backlink from ABW to your site (although not backlink to specific report pages unless you link to such in your sig, but allowed policy on the board).

Todd's post is definitely not where I'm picking up the smell of spam from. All this is JMO of course and as Poon said might not matter what I think.

I'm with Poon(of course ), SSanf and Miss B -

I don't think Todd is being a spammer, I think he is being very helpfull, he is giving you a choice not to have to whine about reversal and save you some headache in the future!

Thanks Todd for being helpfull and have a wonderful Holiday!

That's my 2cents and it matters (for me lol...)!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    Ms B what you say is always important as far as I'm concerned (well most of the time anyway).

Hope things are going good for you "and everyone else too". !

OK, maybe it is just me but I kind of like seeing Ben's posts wherever there is a reasonable tie in with the topic.

Guess, I am just easy that way.

I actually enjoy the free flow, free association kind of communication on ABW. Thing is, if I miss something somewhere, chances are I will pick it up somewhere else or at least see a link to it come up somewhere else.

Also, the lack of rigid structure, for the most part, makes it more real. In the real world, conversations drift all over the place.

True, it would be easier for research if things were all nicely categorized. But, I don't think we are here posting just to make it easy for people to research. There are other benefits to ABW and a lot of them are social.

Search actually works pretty well for those wanting to do research. We aren't trying to write a book with chapters and verses here.

This is more like a social club where people with common vocational interests meet and swap business tips as the subject comes up.

Of course, I understand different people have different needs for things to be organized and tidy. I took a test once and I rank somewhere in the lower 7%tile for that. So, I guess you can't go by me. Surprisingly, mostly my bills get paid before things get shut off due to disorganization and I don't lose as many things as you would think I would. I have learned to compensate.

But, I can't find a lot of my pages. I know I put them somewhere around here.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see Todd's post as spam either. It is very relevant to the red ink we get Zappoed with each month. And I think the discussions about shoe merchants that ensued, both pros and cons, was also very relevant.

Affiliate Manager
    Ben,

We investigate claims of rule-breaking affiliates, and take those claims seriously.

It sounds like you are suggesting Shoes.com encourages this kind of behavior, which is just not true.

As Haiko said, Shoes.com is willing to work with affiliates to maintain a fair program.

If anyone would like to report a rule-breaking affiliate, please email us at affiliate@shoes.com

Happy Holidays everyone,

- Todd

ABW Ambassador
    "to maintain a fair program"

Todd, would you please tell us exactly what is fair program in your definition.

carneol

P.S.: I don't consider your post as spam.

ABW Ambassador
    Not spam. And Ben was also on topic regarding fair programs.

I used to promote shoes.com but Zappos blew them away, reversals and all.

I hate the 10th of each month because of those reversals, but with shoes.com I didn't have enough sales to worry about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast