ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey all...I need your help...

I am recruiting a few more product based merchants to the PPS - but as you know, the requirements are strict for merchants, and thus require a lot of work and programming for them....I need your help to convince them that it is worth the trouble.

If you have time, post here why you think the requirements are needed - and why you would - in general - be more inclined to join a program that meets the requirements of the PPS - as opposed to one that does not...

Specifically -

1. why the 800 number tracking is important...
    2. why having a presence here at ABW can help...
    3. etc.. elaborate if possible.
    Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

[This message was edited by shareasale on June 17, 2003 at 04:30 PM.]

From one little ol affiliate’s point of view.

quote:
    1. why the 800 number tracking is important...

800 number tracking - there are a LOT of customers that still don’t want to use their CC online to make a purchase...so they pick up the phone. Should the affiliate that generated the sale lose the commission just because the customer has no trust in online CC purchases? Well I say No...but then I am an affiliate..I work hard to create pages that rank well in the search engines, I spend time and effort to research, promote, submit, tweak and get those affiliate links in front of eyeballs, and I want to get paid for my efforts, even if the customer wants to close the deal over the phone.

I do believe that every Affiliate out there has been ripped-off when a sale they generated is closed over the phone and the Affiliate does not get their rightful commission.

quote:
    2. why having a presence here at ABW can help...

As an affiliate I am looking for a several things when it comes to promoting a merchant or their products. The MOST IMPORTANT thing I look for is a merchant I can trust. And a merchant that makes themselves available on this or any forum like this is IMO much more likely to be trustworthy. And the reverse is true as well, an Affiliate that makes themselves available in a forum like this is much more likely to trustworthy, IMO.

The Merchant and the Affiliate are partners in pay per sale(Performance Marketing). Partners need to be able to communicate directly, exchange ideas and develop marketing strategies that work. How better to do this than open communication, on this forum or another one like it.

As I said before, TRUST is the KEY in affiliate marketing. (I have dropped a LOT of Merchants, Affiliate programs and Affiliate Program Managers cuz I just could not trust them, and I’ll bet I’m not the only one.) The Merchant needs to trust the Affiliate and the Affiliate needs to trust the Merchant and they both need to trust the Affiliate Program Manager. I think what SAS is trying to do with the PPS is develop an environment where this trust between partners can be built.

lots0 made some great points! Another thing from the affiliate side of things is that I am always willing to work with a merchant that will go that extra mile to make things work for me (by me I mean all affiliates). Merchants that take the time to iron out all the wrinkles and make their program the best it can be for me will always get my business.

Any merchant that does not think that taking the time for me is not "worth the trouble" is most likely not succeeding in their merchant program. Merchants that insist on having popups on their ecommerce site, for example, promoting third-party merchant offers are just not "worth it" to me in my book.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    great points both of you - lets here some more from some other folks

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

quote:
    Hey all...I need your help...

Brian,

I need your help, too. And...I asked first, lol.

"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

One thing I really like is the addition of the "On Line At" info, this is really cool in helping me identify where my partners hang out.

Open Communication is the key to the success of most Programs and having forums and tools to help this communication take place is excellent

Cheers

Chris

Hey,

Great stuff here! It has made me think twice about how I handle my affiliates.

What do you think - should we merchants start our own forum where we can communicate more with our affiliates maybe?

Hej Dejan

This is the forum to chat with your affiliates, or better yet set up a dedicated section to discuss with your site partners and distribute information.

I think you'll find around 30-40 Merchant forums here right now and thousands of affiliates who come from these different programs

Cheers

Chris

Cool! How do I setup a dedicated section?

Hi Dejan

Contact Haiko and ask him for the info or go here http://www.abestweb.com/merchants/

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

$2000 !?!?!? I can setup 2000 forums myself for that price...

Who is Haiko?

Dejan,

I'll PM you.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread