ABW Ambassador
    Is there some notification before an advertiser is "temporarily offline"?

One of my best converters went "temporarily offline" this week-end, and I didnt catch it until now. How long is "temporarily"?

Me Big Chuck
    Come to my site and pay me money or me get angry pull tree out of ground, and bust your head!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Big Chuck,

If you are a "Full" member of shareasale.com, you can have any "Not Active" (due to being temp offline) links sent back to your server so that you can....

1. be notified.
    2. re-direct the link to another offer, similar, etc....

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    I am not yet a full member, but will be soon. I just signed up not long ago, but have already met the requirements other than getting my first check. It takes a minute getting to 50 bucks with the lead generation programs I am promoting. I am less than two bucks shy of having enough to get my first check. Look forward to doing business with shareasale advertisers.

----------------------------
    Me Big Chuck
    Come to my site and pay me money or me get angry pull tree out of ground, and bust your head!

ABW Ambassador

Ok. It is the week-end, again, and I just posted some new text creatives promoting an advertiser with a decent lead payout that I thought would convert well on my site. NOW, the advertiser is "temporarily offline" (actually there are two more), without notice. I wouldn't have known until I relaized there was no click-throughs for this advertiser in my report through my shareasale.com account manager.

ummm... hmmmm... this is a pain in the ass. I had two advertisers promoted at the top half of my index page, and now they are not worth beans due to being offline. What places an advertiser offline? No money padded in their account? Compliance issues. Expiration date arrived?

----------------------------
    Me Big Chuck

Temp Offline is a payment thing - if a merchant runs out of money it goes offline.

Things we do.

1. warn and alert the merchants on two occasions that their balance is low.

2. allow them to sign up for an auto-deposit so that if this happens on a weekend they are protected and the deposit goes in automatically.

3. as mentioned, the full affiliate members have re-direct options on this.

At some point - it is the responsibility of the merchant to run their program.

Big Chuck - email me your username and i'll get you upgraded to full without waiting the extra month...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

I sent you a Private message! or will be in a sec....Big Chuck

Lawyers argue over state's Internet cigarette ban
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...-regional-wire

Brian, I'd like to make a suggestion about this full-membership business; if it is out of line, please just ignore it.

I've been in the SAS system for a long time but have like .07 in the account. For some reason, conversions haven't happened.

Now if "membership" is a way of preventing abuse, then how about a "E-for-effort" judgment of making one a member after so much time served, like 18 months or so?

_____
    She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.

Herb,

Not a bad suggestion - and one that we would have to take on a case-by-case....

Reason being - it isn't just for fraud - but some other features that are thrown in such as the redirect - which have the possibility of causing problems...which means we have to be carefull, and we have to trust the affiliate involved...

Often times, people will email me requesting full status that haven't passed the "requirements"...and we take each one with consideration. If it is appropriate, we upgrade...if not...well, we don't.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    brian@shareasale.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread