Hi all,

I just made a new script to organize my affiliate links. The script uses an xml file to store all the links. According to the xml specification, & should be written &, so one of my shareasale links has to be written shareasale/r.cfm?B=xxxx&U=xxxxx&M=xxxx
    instead of

Problem is that the shareasale system throws a
    "The link is not currently active" page with
    the xml-corrected links.

If I use the link code with & instead of &, my script quits whenever it hits a &. And that can not be fixed, because xml does not tolerate any errors.

Would be nice if this could be fixed soon, and you are now warned about this problem, so don't write any xml-based scripts for shareasale links yet.

ABW Ambassador
    I have had those kind of errors before. However, it was nothing to do with anything that I had done.

You may find that it is just a problem with the Shareasale link, and not what you have done to it.

I found that if I went back in and got the link again, it would work

A couple of things to try:

1) Try typing the link directly into the location bar and see what you get. This will confirm that the link is active and working.

2) Verify that when the link is processed by the script, it is displayed properly on the html page (i.e. with an & instead of an & )

If you are still having trouble, PM or email the URL of the page, and Brian or I can check it out for you.

Michael, your suggestions made me learn two things.

• Typing links containg & directly into the browser doesn't work. With the non-shareasale links I tried, the information after & was optional, so it looked like it worked.

• My script does some weird things when it finds & in the xml file, everything from the & and out was cut from the link. So my script tried to redirect me to something like shareasale/r.cfm?B=xxxx[/list]

As usual it was all my fault.

Good web hosting info

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread