I have not had a sale posted since 9AM this morning. Clicks are above normal, but <O> sales. I have been averaging over 10 sales per day by this time............ but today "ZIP"!!

Let me guess.......... It's me huh?

Sigh.....
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Not just you. Same here with me. I think I only have a couple of sales with cj today. Maybe everyone will be shopping tonight!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Airstrip Maller:
    I have not had a sale posted since 9AM this morning. Clicks are above normal, but <O> sales. I have been averaging over 10 sales per day by this time............ but today "ZIP"!!

Let me guess.......... It's me huh?

Sigh.....

I have had sales all day long but the reporting of transactions are on a 2 1/2 hour lag.

15 years and counting
    I don't see any gap since early this morning, reporting was 1 hour late around 8:00 PST, 2 hours around 9:00 PST and is now around 3 hours behind.
    Event Date 13-Dec-2004 12:13 PST
    Posting Date 13-Dec-2004 15:10 PST

Just updated now with 5 new sales. Some dated from earlier today. Could be running a bit late on reporting for some of us.

Sales are starting to come in here now also. They are showing about a 3hour delay.
    But hey!! Bring them on!!

Thanks

quote:
    Originally posted by Spencer:
    Just updated now with 5 new sales. Some dated from earlier today. Could be running a bit late on reporting for some of us.
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Airstrip,
    I was getting a little nervous also about sales early today. Most of my sales from 11:00 - 3:30 are showing any wheres from 2 - 31/2 hour delays. I'm showing quite a few sales today between 2pm est and 4pm est which has me wondering about some fraud sales Hopefully they won't be though Last sale was just a little over an hour delay in posting.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Internet Cowboy
    Slow during the daytime here, but picked up OK this evening.
    Overall this holiday season has been a little disappointing.

OK, Now it's me again Is CJ behind today? Nothing showing up for me since 2004 07:54 PST which is about 11:00 est. Thats over 4 hours without any sales. I'm hoping reporting is behind a bit????

15 years and counting
    Everything was fine up to 12:00 PST. Seems like reporting is behind, right now.
    Event Date 14-Dec-2004 11:32 PST
    Posting Date 14-Dec-2004 13:04 PST

ABW Ambassador
    I have plenty of sales, but relative to the number of clicks and expected conversions based on prior performance in the last few weeks, something does seem amiss. I went around 8 hours without a sale from a merchant that I've had hourly sales with since September. Unfortunately, that was in the middle of the night so I have no idea if their site or CJ was down at the time.

As for current txns, unfortunately I don't see much of a delay, so I'm guessing if I had any activity during that time those sales are lost.

Robin

15 years and counting
    quote:
    don't see much of a delay

Delay is around 2 hours.

Something isn't right. Still nothing since this morning. Traffic is in the AWESOME range. Clickthroughs are so so for the traffic coming today. I checked all my sites just to make sure they were ok and they are. I checked the main performers sites and they all seem ok. Right now I am pretty much clueless as to what is going on at CJ. SAS the other realtime stat company is rocking today. Any ideas??? 1 sale from footballfanatics, nothing from sports fanfare, both which have been performing great this season I'm stumped

SAS is kicking butt!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by SSanf:
    SAS is kicking butt!

*checks SAS*

Maybe for you it is...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

My last sale was at 6:22am PST

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

You can bet your bottom dollar that Ebates et-al are making a killing at CJ.

For my money this is where a very large portion of our sales are going
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Notice Gordo how not one network mouthpiece has come forth to smooze the legit domain bound affiliates over BHO theft & cookie stuffing taking place this Christmas season. They're collective total silence on who is raking in the bucks speaks volumes. Their quest to cookie every sale made on the internet will fail miserably one day as the real merchant's management wakes up to the Ad budget raping plot. They no longer demand any real value-add from the affiliates and therefore doom themselves to crappy cookie cutter affiliate sites soon to be totally ignored by shoppers and SE's.

The SE's, and their PPCSE sponsor listings, will become more aggressive on weeding out affiliate sites who think blind re-directs keep the shoppers from seeing the nothingness of their pages. Those sponsor listings will become the actual merchants sites and the lazy coupon/BHO pushing AM's will have to learn the SEO/SEM trade as their penality for thinking good affiliates are just successful browser and SE spammers.

The only way to cover your butts ABWers is to build pages for actually helping shoppers one niche' merchant category at a time. Rely on page content and careful merchant product selections to get natural SERP listings, which will never fail to please those landing on your pages. Then drive more traffic to your own showcase pages with PPCSE once you know they and the merchants convert. I do this for ecommerce merchant clients, and not a one doesn't thrive, with or without affiliates.

They sure don't need to come to ABW and throw out spam food seeking a slew of mass advertising tricksters and shortcut artists. CJ and the other networks think crappy duplicate merchants, merchant posers, and cannon fodder affiliate slaves are in an un-ending supply. Truth be told ...the merchants who can do more business, with less traffic, are learning the internet ropes. They then deserve, and get increased natural traffic, as shoppers discover their repeat shopping value. Only when any merchant has a section of their site capable of 1/100 steady conversion ratio should they ever consider an affiliate program. Never should they condone, or be so desperate, they jump into BHO parasitic double dipping relationships. Just the act of getting listed at eBates or any other "incent" BHO proves to all in the know they're program is desperate as this industry imploads on their own advertising mindset driven greed.

Look at the only major merchant who has risen through the smoke and mirrors and pitfalls of BHO partnerships...Overstock. From concentrating on conversion ratios...then repeat value to all shoppers... they have gone from risky IPO to stock values in the 70.00 range. Those satisfied shoppers sure wouldn't buy their stock in the millions of shares if OS choose to continue to work with BHO system hijackers and sleezy affiliate practices. They could can eBates tomorrow and not lose a sales percentage point. They could auto-can any affiliate caught cookie stuffing, e-mail spamming, or riding the 180Solutions theftware train while benefiting their bottom line and stock price. Call it a media PR campaign to out the bad actors to their loyal shopping base. They took the ABW proven best practices concepts ...burned their toes, and now have outgrown the current LS networks bad practices. They would do even better with fewer affiliates forcing newbees to display their sites before acceptance, with ZERO Tolerance for any forced click activities. Then launch monthly contests to reward better natural SERP pages.

Be a cold day in He** when OS considers moving into the CJ cesspool of short cut artists and spammers. They have their hands full just operating within the Adwhore Haven called Linkshare. The only thing totally positive there is they are the cream of the crop as they always put commission checks in affiliates hands before their lame competition on any network. They're probably pi*sed LS changed their invoicing terms to 15 days AFTER month end close, as they usually paid by the 15th. Linkshare hates Overstock paying early as it makes hundreds of their merchants, run by the LS AM in-house firm, look like pikers. Good merchants like OS could go indy or just ignor recruiting crapolla by the network inside pitchmen for the IAB/DMA.

Hey CJ/BF/Performics hows that stock value faring these days since your totally controlled by the Adwhore mindset. CJ drops prompt consolidated payments and they're toast! Just my humble opinion as todays' rant. Carry on as usual and roll the BHO dice like you did the e-mail spam and Telemarketing rolls. Laws are for whimps and losers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

3 sales from sportsfanfare showed up in a 20 minute span. I did some test purchases with some other merchants and so far Blair.com tracked with about a 2 hour delay. I'd love to know what happened with the 7 hour period of no sales for me. I still don't buy it's because of lack of sales

I'm getting 3-4 a day via sportsfanfare which is fine for me; getting my first Xmas rush in years . . .

and Mike & Charlie: I understood every word.

and Charlie: was it 45 yards with a sunflower seed?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You must be taking some of Nova's pink pills Herby if you are on my wave length. Charlies record on the couch cat is only 8 feet after chewing on a red pepper. If it lands between the cats eyes the pepper juice makes the cat tear up ...or maybe it's just embarrassment.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Herb,
    quote:
    I'm getting 3-4 a day via sportsfanfare which is fine for me;

No complaints on my end either about sales from Sportsfanfare. They have always converted good for me. I'm just puzzled about todays figures. I've been averaging between 10 -15 sales a day between them, footballfanatics and teamstore. Up until the sales reported from sportsfanfare I have only had 1 sale showing for that kind of merchandise. A red flag is definately up right now. The clickthroughs compared to the traffic don't add up. Could be that I am getting pounded today by some parasites, who knows.

Mike,

Packster perhaps we are on a broken-down server. I haven't shown a single sale in 4 days on CJ!! AND To add insult to injury I've dropped from 4 green bars to 2. It's almost as though somebody has pulled the switch on my account. It just doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Good Goddess! I just looked and CJ has me at 4 bars and I have only earned $198.94 at CJ this month! Now, THAT is sad! If under$200 gets you 4 bars, no one must be earning anything there.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

SSanf you must be right, or their green bars are out of whack! In October I made over $1000 in commissions and only had 4 bars - go figure that one out. Frankly I don't care a damn about green bars; I'm worried about tracking of sales at CJ (or their merchants). Sales on other networks (particularly BF) have been great. It's fishy to say the least.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread